Gordon Food Service Forecasting/Replenishment Analyst-Grand Rapids, MI in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Gordon Food Service Logistics department is expanding and we have great opportunities for you to advance your skills inForecasting/ Replenishment roles!
Our Forecasting/Replenishment Analystsmake a huge impact toward the success of Gordon Food Service and our valued customers. Working in collaboration with Sales leaders, Marketing, Traffic, and Operations these analysts conduct statistical analysis and logistics planning making this role diverse and challenging each day. If you are interested in learning more, please see the requirements below!
*This is not a current open position, however you may submit an application to be consider for future opportunities in Logistics department**
As part of the Logistics team you will manage product inventory levels using a forecasting replenishment system and other software applications to drive continuous improvement with customer in-stock performance, inventory turns, and product loss. In addition, continually reviews and updates the inbound supply chain to maximize efficiency and effectiveness. The Forecasting/Replenishment Analyst will interact with Divisional Leadership and Marketing Category Teams to analyze forecast performance reports, incorporating market intelligence & promotional opportunities, and provide problem resolution to advance the sales and profitability of both our customers and our organization.
Essential Functions include:
- Develops and maintains accurate statistical forecast using supply chain software.
- Establishes and maintains business rules including, but not limited to, lead time, safety stock, inbound networks, etc.
- Develops and finalizes replenishment plans based on established procedures.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of in stock level to GFS customers, inventory turns, and spoilage and liquidation (product loss or waste).
- Collaborates with Marketing and Sales to effectively plan future events, determine product trends, input new product requirements, and execute the close out of discontinued items.
- Collaborates with the vendor community to forecast weekly, seasonal, and holiday product demand.
- Provides inventory information to facilitate appropriate action to other GFS departments.
- Identifies and resolves demand and fulfillment exceptions in a highly efficient manner resulting in improved service levels, lower spoilage and liquidation, and right sized inventory levels.
- Identifies, resolves issues, and communicates concerns and successes to appropriate personnel in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Interacts with appropriate GFS departments including, but not limited to, Marketing, Traffic, Chain Logistics and DC receiving to ensure proper inventory flow into GFS distribution centers.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree plus two or more year’s progressive experience working with forecasting and replenishment tools.
- Experience working with the supplier community is preferred.
- Strong desire to lead through initiative, interaction and peer leadership skills.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the supply chain function within an organization.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Achieve results through successful project management methods.
- Thrive in an environment where attention to details and follow through are paramount.
- Effective communication and organizational skills are necessary to this role's success.
- High level of math aptitude is also expected.
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!Click herefor more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.
Job Category: Supply Chain Management