HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Premium Float Pool PRN in Gainesville, Florida
Located in Gainesville, Florida, North Florida Regional is a 445-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care facility serving 14 counties in North-Central Florida. NFRMC is a member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA)
Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
The Float Pool RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of North Florida Regional Medical Center. The tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Provides nursing care within the philosophy, objectives and policies of the facility.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to provide quality nursing care via the nursing process.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Assesses and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs with the healthcare team.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others
- Documents required information according to hospital policy.
- Performs job tasks to ensure patient, personal and departmental safety.
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Preferred: Enrolled in a bachelor’s of nursing program.
Required: Current Florida nursing license. Required: Current certification as an American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider. Required: Current ACLS for Critical Care areas; Current PALS for Pediatric area EXPERIENCE:
Required: Minimum of 2 years of acute care experience. Required: Minimum of 2 competency categories required. Required: Completion of competency assessment within 90 days of entering Float Pool and annually as needed
Title: Registered Nurse Premium Float Pool PRN
Location: Florida-Gainesville-North Florida Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00039-10221