Amtrak Customer Service Representative - 90040036 - Fresno in Fresno, California
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES :
The Customer Service Representative - Guaranteed Extra Board position is a full-time on-call position that is required to work at multiple stations within the assigned zone. This representative will work various shifts with varying rest days which may not be consecutive.
The representative will be required to work in inclement weather conditions and in varying temperatures. The representative will be required adhere to all applicable safety standards. This position is responsible for providing our passengers with superior customer service from behind the ticket counter or on the station floor or platform. The ability to maintain a positive, good natured attitude is essential. The representative will be responsible for greeting, assisting and the general comfort of each passenger. The representative must be comfortable with interacting with customers, speaking on a public address system and using Amtrak computer systems.
The representative will provide assistance to customers with special needs and will assist passengers with luggage and boarding trains; must be proficient with baggage & express operation and be able to quote rates and information. The position handles checked baggage, package express and company materials in the station and on/off trains. The representative must be able to lift items that weigh at least 50lbs on a frequent basis; must be able to push or pull a baggage cart and operate baggage equipment (i.e. tow tractor, pallet jack and forklift).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Must attend and pass applicable training courses. Training courses may be held at remote sites for extended duration.
• Must become skilled in the processing of all types of Amtrak tickets and must have a thorough understanding of tariffs to properly price tickets.
• Make ticket reports promptly, properly safeguard company funds, property and prepare related reports.
• Must qualify with the operation of Arrow, Railres/Stars, and other Amtrak systems.
• Will be governed by all Corporate and station policies.
• Responsible for the proper care and preventative maintenance of the ticket printers and Quik-Trak machines.
• Perform miscellaneous clerical duties related to the ticket office and/or station.
• Assist customers with special needs and other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for the dissemination of both verbal and printed information to passengers including schedules, fares, routing, city highlights, baggage, boarding information, tours and other intermodal transportation.
• Work with other station employees to ensure all passenger train boarding(s) are timely.
• Will verify passengers are properly ticketed or have the proper travel documents, and ensure compliance with baggage requirements prior to admission to station platforms.
• Must comply with the company’s uniform and grooming policy to present a positive image on behalf of Amtrak through manners, actions and personal style.
• Will be required to perform janitorial duties.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Cash handling and people skills.
• Must work well individually and with others.
• Customer focused attitude.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 25062
Posting Location(s): California
Personnel Area: CA07
Job Family/Function: Customer Service
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: High School/GED
Travel Requirements: Up to 100%
Employment Experience Requirements: 1 - 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Customer Service || No Additional