Philips SW Technical Support Engineer in Foster City, California
Philips is a diversified technology company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation. With a century of history and more than 450 innovative products and services, we are ready to meet today’s challenges in healthcare by creating solutions that deliver better care to more people at lower cost.
Our more than 37,000 employees, working in 100 countries, are committed to helping you create meaningful moments of care, whether in the hospital room, the living room or the boardroom. See how we are working to create a healthier future together
We welcome you to join Philips Healthcare Enterprise Imaging and Clinical Informatics Business as a Technical Support Engineer, reporting to our Manager, Technical Support Informatics, PCCI in our Foster City, CA location.
The Philips Enterprise Imaging and Clinical Informatics Business Unit provides a comprehensive solution for medical image storage and enterprise distribution. Our Software as a Service solution stores images for millions of patients across hundreds of hospitals around the country and helps clinicians acquire, analyze, and interpret clinical data so they have the care-specific information they need to make informed decisions with confidence. You will join the Research & Development team responsible for building and maintaining this software.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs. Our business provides unique opportunities to develop cutting edge enterprise software solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space and this new position is a unique opportunity to shape the next generation solutions we are developing.
Technical Support Engineers provide phone and e-mail support to end-users and administrators of Philip’s imaging products. They must be able to competently and quickly determine problem resolution using available tools and knowledge of the Philips system to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. Individuals must also be able to clearly document and reproduce all steps taken during problem resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Front line support of Philips’ products, including iSite Enterprise and iSite Radiology
• Troubleshoot Windows operating system issues quickly and effectively
• Troubleshoot hardware issues quickly and effectively
• Troubleshoot TCP/IP and general networking problems with customers
• Advanced troubleshooting capability on the iSite product family
• Able to work structurally and according to published procedures and work instructions
• Document all actions taken during problem resolution in appropriate internal tracking systems
• Able to accept and resolve escalated issues from less experienced TSE
• May provide guidance to other TSE
• Requires minimal supervision, able to determine methods and procedures for new assignments without assistance
• Takes independent actions and calculated risks in solving customer issues
• Seeks increased responsibilities
• Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
• Rotating shift work possible
We are looking for
-2+ years supporting a post-sales enterprise client/server architecture. Experience in supporting clinical and/or health care applications a plus.
-Bachelor’s degree or similar work experience. Additional consideration given for technical certifications such as MCSE and CCNA.
-Ability to take ownership of issues and resolve problems in early stages
-Very good customer service skills are required, ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of customers
-Good written and verbal communication skills
-Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully
• Windows Client Operating Systems
• Windows Server Operating Systems
• Microsoft Clustering
• Microsoft Message Queuing
• Microsoft SQL Server 2000
• Microsoft Internet Information Server 5.0
• Basic TCP/IP Networking skills
• Prior experience using a CRM to support and document details of customer interaction
• DICOM and/or HL7 knowledge a plus
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.