Ally Financial Quality Assurance Testing Analyst - Bank in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Jun 2, 2016
This position is an important component of our overall Project Methodology for the Bank's Deposit business. The candidate will be responsible for a full range of testing responsibilities: requirements review, script writing, testing, and defect detection (write-up and tracking).The successful candidate should have a background in quality assurance testing and will become an expert on the various banking applications used by the business along with , providing QA expertise in support of the business. This position requires a high degree of business focus with the ability for the individual to transition between responsibilities as required.
Responsible for the daily and ongoing support of new and existing products and service requests including, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure requirements are complete, testable, and meet regulatory standards.
- Test changes to the core operating system, website, back end user interfaces and various databases when appropriate.
- Completion of test scripts used to validate new and existing system functionality.
- Ensure Use Cases are complete and meet corporate standards.
- Provide necessary feedback to project teams on testing results, possible workarounds, and status
- Resolve test issues associated with UAT
- Maintains high level of knowledge regarding the core operating system.
- Maintains high level of knowledge of key bank applications
- Recommend and implement specific procedures to ensure immediate effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Ensure all system enhancements and new process activities comply with federal and state regulations.
- Ability to multi-task
- Participation in Release weekend and evening testing as needed based on the Release schedule
- 10-20% travel may be required.
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance and testing experience
- 2+ years of Salesforce experience is a plus
- 1+ year of Federal and State Banking Regulations requirements
- 2+ years' experience with Excel and working knowledge of MS Office programs required
- Strong understanding of requirements management
- Strong understanding of banking applications
- 1+ year Quality Center experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business requirements and identify shortfalls
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written and interpersonal
- Sound analytical and interpretive skills and creativity.
- Sound judgment and discretion, including the ability to resolve conflicts effectively.
- Human relations skills for dealing with diverse audiences
- Strong analytical and team-based problem solving skills
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally Bank is a direct bank in the U.S. that offers a straightforward approach to banking with no minimum deposit required to open an account, no monthly maintenance fees and 24/7 live customer service. A subsidiary of Ally Financial Inc., the Bank offers online savings, interest checking, money market accounts, certificates of deposit with terms ranging from three months to five years, and IRA Plans and products. Member FDIC. The Bank was named 'Best Online Bank' 2011, 2012 and 2013, by MONEY® Magazine.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5546
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Pennsylvania (Fort Washington)