Ally Financial Exception Processing Associate in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Sep 21, 2016
The Exceptions Associate role is critical to ensure efficient and timely handling of exception items, ACH rejects, and prompt referral of suspicious activity to the Fraud Unit to ensure reduced risk. The Exceptions Associate will also serve as a primary source for kiting alerts.
- Review and resolve ACH rejected transactions and process exception items within the prescribed timeframes on a daily basis.
- Ensure a high level of customer service by contacting the customers regarding overdrawn accounts.
- Process the decision while minimizing risk to Ally Bank and providing a high level of customer service for those instances that warrant an exception.
- Review account activity for excessive deposit and withdrawals relative to kiting.
- Review accounts for excessive Returned Deposited Item activity.
- Handle calls related to ACH transactions.
- Research and resolve ACH issues.
- Communicate daily to primary processing vendor via e-mail to ensure proper posting of Fraud stopped transactions and suspense.
- Work ACH Suspension Reports on a daily basis.
- Perform various clerical and administrative functions.
- Type of prior related experience:
- Bachelor Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of electronic banking
- Experience working within and across multiple company locations, preferred
- Special skills/abilities/competencies required:
- Understanding of core Money Movement processes
- Highly motivated / self-starter, goal-oriented with high passion and energy
- Ability to multi-task and effectively process diverse workloads concurrently
- Knowledge of banking concepts, rules and regulations
- Knowledge of banking products and services
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Sound analytical and interpretive skills as well as sound judgment and discretion
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and interpersonal astuteness to respond to a wide variety of customers' needs and personalities
- Strong working knowledge and ability to utilize mainframe/pc system
- Proficient with Excel (pivot tables, V lookup, macros) and MS Access
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Deposit Operations services the Deposits organization of Ally Bank. The team consists of over 200 associates across two locations (Ft Washington, PA and Lewisville, TX). The primary focus of the team is to support customers and our contact center teammates with a variety of activities geared around account maintenance, money movement, loss mitigation, complaint handling and projects. The department is divided into 8 teams and each team has associates that provide subject matter expertise specific to their area. Adherence to high quality output is critical along with; timelines, productivity, regulatory adherence and ensuring our culture is forefront in all that we do every day.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6165
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Pennsylvania (Fort Washington)