Blackstone Consulting Cook II in Fort Polk, Louisiana
*DEPARTMENT: Food Service
LOCATION: Building 7303-A
• Certificate in Food Handling/Sanitation methods, or ServSafe certified preferred. Good customer service skills. Must have solid work ethics.
• Demonstrated history of related Food Service experience preferably with a major institution or the military as a Cook.
• The principal responsibilities of the Cook are to ensure the meal is prepared in accordance with the menu of the day. Ensure quality standards are met and maintained in preparing all meals in accordance with the contract requirements.
• Prepare meals using established recipe cards, production procedures, and systems while ensuring that all tasks are done in accordance with the SOP. Must be able to use standardized measuring cups, spoons, knife, forks, large kitchen utensils, pots, and pans.
• Prepare food to coordinate with meal serving hours so that quality, temperature, and excellent appearance of food are preserved. Insure that the progressive cooking technique is utilized in preparing all meals. Operate basic kitchen equipment, stove, over, microwave, refrigerator, etc. Judge the appearance of food being served, and recommend changes if necessary.
• Determine amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
• Set steam tables and serve or ensure proper serving of food.
• Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards. Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
• Store food properly and safely; date/mark items.
• Adhere to the BCI rules and regulations set forth in the employee handbook.
• Comply with all HACCP standards.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Duties may be assigned by the First Cook, Dining Facility Manager, or Project Manager.
• Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Stands and moves within the kitchen area for 6 to 7 hours (excluding break and lunch periods).
• Bending, stooping, and reaching.