Blackstone Consulting Asst. Dining Manager in Fort Polk, Louisiana
QUALIFICATIONS: Within in the past 10 years, 5 years experience working in a large food service operation providing cafeteria style or multi-entree operation providing complete meal service (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
-Military food serve experience in the pay grade of E-7 or above may be credited as management experience for this position.
-One year served as a Manager or an Assistant Manager.
-Current sanitation certificate. i.e, ServSafe (within 4 years).
-High School graduate.
• Good management and customer service skills. Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interpret government contracts and make appropriate application.
• Communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in the running of the facility. Determine the necessary staffing levels required to smoothly run the facility. Must be able to monitor staff, walk the facility and inspect foods, employees, and general set-up.
• High school graduate, Associate or Bachelor degree in business management, hospitality management, or equivalent is preferred. Must be ServSafe certified. Must have solid work ethics.
• Provide management oversight of the dining facility. Ensure contract compliance and performance.
• Coordinate cooperation and support between dining facilities, if applicable, including cross-utilization of labor resources.
• Ensure compliance with the Building/Equipment Cleaning Plans.
• Physically inspects all dining facilities on a scheduled basis, in coordination with the Project Manager and QCM inspection schedules.
• Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the customer contract supervisor, Installation Food Advisor. Responds verbally and/or in writing to client request for information and meetings in a timely manner.
• Maintain budget controls for inventory, supplies, equipment ordering, and labor cost.
• Develop work schedules in accordance with contract requirements.
• Manage food ordering process.
• Provide all relevant training to employees.
• Provide mid-year and annual performance reviews.
• Understand OSHA requirements, Labor Laws requirements (Union & Wage Determination), and employment law as it related to managing the workforce.
• Understand and follow Frazier/BCI employee handbook, policy and procedures, and payroll requirements.
• Comply with all HACCP standards.
• Manage the workforce in a fair and consistent manner.
• Understand and oversee cash management and control operations.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machines, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and printer.
• Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Stands, walks, inspects, and reassigns staff as necessary to meet facility requirements. Discusses with Project Manager the overall running of the dining facility and recommends changes to be made.
• Bending, stooping, and reaching.