Rasmussen College Adjunct Instructor - Microbiology Lab in Fort Myers, Florida
Rasmussen College – Fort Myers Campus
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college and Public Benefit Corporation that is dedicated to changing lives through high-demand educational programs and public service. Rasmussen College offers certificate and diploma programs through Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees online and across its 23 Midwest and Florida campuses in a supportive, student-centered and career-focused environment. Since 1900, Rasmussen College has been dedicated to being a primary contributor to the growth and development of the communities it serves. As a Public Benefit Corporation, Rasmussen College is committed to helping change lives through education and making a positive impact on society through public service and a variety of community-based initiatives. For more information about Rasmussen College, please visit www.Rasmussen.edu.
Adjunct Faculty will report to an Academic Dean
Adjunct faculty members are primarily responsible for teaching courses in a variety of modalities while promoting and supporting the vision and mission of Rasmussen College. Adjuncts can teach up to 3 working units per quarter (approximately 12-15 contact hours). Minimum expectations for all faculty include focus on the following areas:
- Teaching Effectiveness: Professionalism, Use of Technology, and Content Expertise
- Professional Development and In-Service Training
- Model professional behavior and communication for students
- Exhibit appropriate behavior, language, demeanor, and dress will be exhibited at all times
- Collaborate with student support personnel providing academic and professional guidance for students
- Use of Technology:
- Research and utilize digital content in courses to connect students to more resources
- Adhere to Adjunct Faculty Expectations established by the College
- Utilize online grade books and communication techniques to further engage students in their own learning; use online database tools for communicating with campus personnel and documenting necessary information
- Content Expertise:
- Facilitates highly effective and engaging learning environments in various teaching modalities including residential, online, FLEX and FLAT, meeting the diverse needs of learners
- Creates and maintains course materials in compliance with College and regulatory requirements
- Assess student learning, provide feedback and support, and refer student for additional support when necessary
Professional Development and In-Service Training:
- Participate in community service and College In-Service Training Programs and meetings
- Participate in professional organizations and professional development activities including webinars, seminars and conferences in field of study
- Develop, review and adhere to academic policies and procedures for the college
- Actively participate in advisory boards, student organizations and system committees
- Create, implement and evaluate annual professional development plan
Experience and Qualifications:
- Teaching experience preferred. (Minimum of 3 years experience in the field of study)
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with students, leadership, and peers.
- Excellent written communication and strong verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Online adjuncts will need regular access to a computer with the following system requirements
- Windows XP or greater
- Microsoft Office 2010
- An internet connection
Education, certifications and Licensures:
- Master's Degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology or related field
- Rasmussen College follows the requirements set by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, and the states in which the campuses operate.
- Must be able to provide professional licenses/certifications required for specialized schools (Health Sciences, Nursing) before teaching.
- Must be able to provide professional licenses/certifications and official transcripts for each degree earned from an accredited institution before teaching.
Rasmussen is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Title: Adjunct Instructor - Microbiology Lab
City: Fort Myers