Ally Financial Trading & Client Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Sep 30, 2016
The TradeKing and Client Service Representative is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to clients in matters dealing with trading. This position will provide clients general information regarding complex questions regarding mutual fund accounts, fund policies, practices and services via telephone and written correspondence. Strong Customer Service, Relationship Building and Communication are essential in this role. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years' experience with proven experience in a Financial Brokerage Services industry.
- Directly responsible for placing trades for customers over the telephone using desktop trading products.
- Provide assistance to online customers by answering phone calls and responding to emails and Live Chats.
- Placing and/or facilitating execution of customer orders, resolving complex customer trading issues.
- Work with margin accounts and review buying power as well as maintenance levels.
- Assist customers with complex and advanced orders or with account questions; respond to customer inquiries on related issues; troubleshoot basic technical problems.
- Process information associated with clients account, research more complex issues to correct/minimize problems.
- Service internal requests and maintain inventories positions to insure the firm is not at any undue risk.
- Provide excellent customer service in a professional manner.
- May be requested to partner with support and/or operations teams to perform requirement gathering or assisting in development of applications to improve accuracy and efficiency in the trading service environment.
- Understand, comply, maintain and reinforce regulatory and firm policies and procedures/guidelines.
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Desktop Operations systems (Windows 7, WindowsXP, Apple Mac OS X).
- Proven experience in desktop trading tools.
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 licenses required.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone/email and establish credibility and trust with a variety of clients.
- 2-5 years of prior investment or operations related experience.
- Solid understanding and exposure to financial service/trading industry.
- Solid Understanding of trading platforms.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and Internet.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to handle all issues while working under strict time constraints.
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment with strict SLA's and deadlines.
- Detail and results oriented and able to prioritize tasks in a multi-task environment.
- Experience in leveraging organizational skills to support client needs, focusing on execution, accuracy and efficiency.
- Experience processing client service requests a full service retail brokerage environment.
- Strong communicator who can effectively process constructive feedback while always keeping the corporate and end user goals in mind.
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong desire to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Able to exercise independent thought and judgment and adapt to new tasks with little notice.
- Must be confident and credible over the phone and in person.
- Minimum 2-3 years in client related support in the financial services or brokerage retail environment or related industry
- Solid interpersonal skills are required.
- Knowledge or experience working in financial services and/or other regulated environment is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent business experience.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
TradeKing Group, Inc. (www.tradeking.com) consists of companies that provide online brokerage services, education and social collaboration channels for investors, and more. Its subsidiary, TradeKing Securities, LLC, is a nationally licensed online broker/dealer dedicated to empowering the independent, self- directed investor. TradeKing Advisors, Inc. is an SEC registered investment advisor. Brokerage accounts are serviced and securities offered through TradeKing Securities, LLC, member FINRA and SIPC.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6213
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Florida (Fort Lauderdale)