U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command Public Affairs Specialist (STRATCOM) in Fort Huachuca, Arizona
U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Fort Huachuca, AZ
Work Schedule is Full Time - Excepted Service Term NTE 2 years
Opened Monday 10/17/2016 (8 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/31/2016 (6 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the US Army Intelligence Center of Excellence, Office of the Commander, Ft. Huachuca, AZ.
WARNING: DO NOT INCLUDE CLASSIFIED INFORMATION IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKET! Application packages that contain Classified information WILL NOT receive consideration. If you submit a resume or other document and it is confirmed that any of the information is Classified, in addition to being found ineligible for consideration for this position, your Security Office will be notified to determine if any further action is warranted.
Who May Apply:Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (excluding Army)
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Permanent Federal Employee eligible to be reappointed
- Veteran with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Disabled Veteran with a service-connected disability of more than 10%/less than 30%
- Applicant eligible for 10-Point Other veteran'srating or Derived Veterans' Preference
- Veteran eligible for 5-Point Preference
- U.S. Citizen
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
This is a Career Program (CP) Position 
TERM: This announcement is for a term position. Permanent employees who apply, are selected for, and ultimately accept this position will be converted to a term appointment. Term positions in DCIPS may be extended up to a maximum of five years. This position may be converted to permanent without further competition after completion of two years of continuous service in this position.
Serves as a Public Affairs Officer and Strategic Communications (STRATCOM) Planner for the US Army Intelligence Center of Excellence (USAICoE). Serves as an advisor to the Commanding General on all STRATCOM, Public Affairs, and Community Outreach initiatives. Develops, coordinates, and executes integrated strategic communications plans to support USAICoE and its subordinate organizations to coordinate public affairs, legislative affairs and key audience outreach. Ensures USAICoE Strategic Communication efforts are synchronized with the US Army Combined Arms Center (CAC), US Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) and Headquarters, Department of the Army (HQDA) strategic communication plans and activities. Advises USAICoE and its subordinate organizations' leadership on the most effective methods to educate, inform, and promote awareness of communication and media training programs and initiatives within their organizations.
- Occasional Travel
- May require up to 10% Temporary Duty Travel (TDY).
- Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government. A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: experience designing, planning, and advising on the public affairs program in an agency, or organization within an agency; experience conveying information about complex programs affecting a large number of people throughout the population; experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all media, and develop and disseminate informational materials to pertinent publics through the media. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GG/GS-12).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Ability to Present Information
- Skill in Preparing Public Messages
- Ability to Communicate with External Sources
- Skill in Producing Informational Materials
NOTE: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency so long as it was at a level at least equivalent to the next lower grade in the series.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- In order to perform the duties of this position, must be eligible for, receive, and retain SECRET clearance.
- Travel will be required (CONUS/OCONUS) less than 10% of the time.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Salary indicated includes applicable locality pay.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
Salary Range: $84,561.00 to $109,934.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GG-1035-13/13
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: US Citizens and Status Candidates
Control Number: 453308600
Job Announcement Number: WTST166880351824834