Department of Defense Education Activity Cook, NA-06 in Fort Campbell, Kentucky
Department of Defense Education Activity
Few vacancies in the following locations:
- Fort Campbell, KY
- Fort Campbell, TN
Work Schedule is Part Time 20 hours - Seasonal
Opened Tuesday 9/27/2016 (28 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 12/30/2016 (66 day(s) away)
Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) professional references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
The Missionof the Fort Campbell Schools, as a world-class organization serving all eligible children equally, is to produce individuals who have developed and refined the skills of acquiring knowledge, processing information, identifying and solving problems, experimenting, collaborating and communicating; we will accomplish this through a facilitative and interactive learning environment that nurtures the physical, social, emotional, aesthetic, and intellectual domains.**
For instructions regarding submission of your application for Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) vacancy announcements, please review the "How to Apply" section of this announcement.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Serves as a cook in a Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) cafeteria IAW all applicable regulations and standards.
- Applies knowledge and skill to assist in planning and implementing a comprehensive food program that follows the policies and procedures of the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Follows standard recipes and menus IAW USDA CACFP and Army policies (i.e. portion sizes, meal patterns, and "seconds" requirements).
- Performs a variety of food preparation and cooking tasks such as cleaning, paring, peeling, slicing, dicing; grilling, frying, baking, broiling, pouring liquids and mixing ingredients.
- Prepares a variety of foods and desserts according to menu requirements.
- Must be able to lift or move objects up to 40 pounds unassisted, and occasionally life or move objects weighing over 40 pounds with the assistance of others workers or lifting devices.
- Occasional Travel
- May be required to travel to other facilities within the installation
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security Card is required
A minimum of 6 months of work experience directly related to the duties described above, that included skill in working with professional kitchen appliances and equipment.
Be able to communicate (verbal and written) in English.
Conditions of Employment:
- A one-year probationary period may be required.
- Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
- A completed and signed copy DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
- Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
N*OTE (1):* Applicants have the ability to perform an E-Verify Self Check to confirm employment eligibility at http://www.uscis.gov/mye-verify/self-check. Although a Self-Check is not mandatory, it can be a useful tool for applicants to find out if there is a problem with their employment eligibility records and resolve any issues before taking a job.
NOTE (2): No person, regardless of circumstance, will be approved to provide child care services and/or approved for hire in positions designated as having regular and recurring contact with children if the background check discloses that the individual has been convicted for any of the following: a sexual offense, any criminal offense involving a child victim or a felony drug offense.
What To Expect Next
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include employee benefits. For additional benefits information go to http://www.armymwr.com/naf-benefits.aspx
This is a Regular Part-Time position (20-39 hours), and eligibility to participate in the NAF Employee Benefits Plans.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Fort Campbell, KY. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable to the individual, will not be appointed.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures for a RFT or RPT position (for example, interview, and so forth) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process notify your servicing NAF Human Resources Division (HRD). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
Salary Range: $10.71 to $12.35 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: NA-7404-06/06
Promotion Potential: 06
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: US Citizens and Non Citizens
Control Number: 451812800
Job Announcement Number: SWNAFDL161812631SR