Samson Rope Material Handler I - WA in Ferndale, Washington
Experience and Skills:
Samson, the worldwide leader in high performance cordage, is seeking a second shift Material Handler I join our team. Our starting pay for this position is $13.40/hour with an additional shift differential of $0.25/hour for second shift.
This position willsupport the shipping department with regards to coordination of shipping of products, receiving products, and keeping the flow of material in and out of the department/WIP areas. Practice a high level of business ethics, professionalism, safety, and quality in all activities in accordance with Samson strategy and core values.
- Picks, packages, ships and receives orders with appropriate system transactions, labeling and paperwork in a safe, productive and accurate manner.
- Prepare shipping documents and reports to include preparation of international documentation.
- Release order and finished goods for inventory or customer. Arrange carrier specified on customer order.
- Responsible for quality control and notify lead or supervisor of any quality concerns.
- Safely operate hoist, man lifts, loading docks & forklifts / fill out daily forklift check off sheets.
- Complete cycle counts/inventory in assigned warehouse.
- Collect finish goods from staging area, separate according to customer or Warehouse and place in bins.
- Comply with 5S programs and participate in process improvement programs (i.e. Lean).
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Required - High school diploma or GED
Required - Minimum of 3 months experience driving forklift.
Desired - Some warehouse experience; forklift certification
Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service to both colleagues and customers
- Knowledge of office procedures and general office equipment
- Ability to analyze information gathered to identify potential problems or discrepancies
- Ability to build relationships with co-workers
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
For 130 years, Samson has paved the road to success with innovation, quality, and service. Samson knows that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts: From our Corporate Headquarters and manufacturing in Ferndale, Washington, to the manufacturing floor in Lafayette, Louisiana, to our international sales teams, our people are what make the difference in the product and to the customer.
At Samson we value our employees as much as we value our customers. As an employee of Samson, you are encouraged to reach new heights with your career by participating in professional organizations and creating an environment that welcomes "outside the box" thinking.
A career at Samson is challenging, rewarding, and satisfying. We accomplish our goals when each individual performs to their full potential while contributing as a valuable team player with others in the organization.
Samson offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, and 11 paid holidays.
We are a drug free, tobacco free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Job Tracking ID: 512776-550923
Job Location: Ferndale, WA
Job Level: Entry Level (less than 2 years)
Level of Education: High School/GED
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 06, 2016
Years of Experience: Not Applicable
Starting Date: ASAP