Nemacolin Woodlands Resort ThemeWorks Events Associate in Farmington, Pennsylvania
The ThemeWorks Event associate will provide the highest quality of assistance with all events set up and theme production. This associate will work closely with the Conference and Catering Department as well as the Audio Visual Department to assist with group banquets and events. The Themeworks department is specifically geared towards offering guests options in themes and decorations for a variety of occasions.
- Must understand and follow all instructions as written on the room assignment sheet in a timely manner. All information is retrieved from the GEO (Group Event Order) black book in the catering office.
- Perform all pre-function tasks as assigned by Themeworks manager.
- Check all rooms before the beginning of functions for temperature, lighting, and cleanliness to include: walls, carpet, wood trim, paint, wall paper, chairs, tables and any other defects that might need immediate attention before the beginning of a meeting and have management sign off on the room's completion.
- Notification of supervisors or management of any problems to resolve the problem(s) is required, i.e. (The possible relocation of a meeting might be deemed appropriate).
- Inspect all equipment, lighting, furniture, carpet and linen. Ensure they are clean, free of tears and in working order in accordance with Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa Standards.
- Understand and follow the service standards as discussed by banquet management.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to both the internal and external guests at all times.
- Follow all service sequences and standards stated in the banquet training manuals.
- Adhere to all resort policies and procedures.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Associates should have a basic knowledge of room set-ups and prior banquet set-up experience would be helpful.
- Must possess basic English competency and the ability to follow through on instructions in a timely manner.
- Individuals in this position must be guest service oriented.
- Associates must also be capable of working alone or as a team depending on the situation following directives from management.
- Must be able to function calmly under pressure; work at a rapid pace, be extremely organized, and very guest service orientated.
- Flexibility in hours preferred.