Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Banquet Captain in Farmington, Pennsylvania
With the proper knowledge, experience, and certification to provide the highest quality of banquet service to all internal and external guests daily. A banquet captain should handle themselves in the most professional and responsible manner with a can-do attitude at all times. He/she will follow grooming and uniform standards and follow all other company policies and procedures outlined in the Banquet training manual and Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa associate handbook. The banquet captain is completely in charge of a function(s) on a daily basis and is entrusted to ensure that all Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa service requirements are exceeded to ensure five-star/five diamonds service.
- Responsible for all aspects of table and beverage service, side work delegation, assigning floor duties, and requisitions during and for a catered event.
- Must ensure that assigned area meets five-star service standards and that all guests' expectations are being exceeded.
- Provide the ultimate in guest service on all catered events as outlined in the VIP Service Manual and Banquet Manual.
- Responsible for holding pre and post shift meetings with all server assistants, servers, bartenders, and VIP servers so as to inform such staff of current events, core standards, and timeline and goals of the event they are leading.
- Must ensure that all associates are following grooming standards, operating standards, and goals and objectives.
- Will create a positive environment through working, teaching, training, and coaching and demonstrating a positive attitude at all times.
- Will be accountable for the requisitioning of products needed and monthly inventories.
- Attend training and meetings to stay up to date with all current goals and policies and will assume the position of a working supervisor and work along side of the associates while maintaining a supervisory role and status.
- High school diploma is preferred.
- Prior service in a four or five star environment is preferred.
- Must be well mannered, articulate, impeccably groomed, and knowledgeable in food and wine, outgoing, guest oriented, and able and willing to work varied shifts to include holidays and weekends.
- Prior supervisory roles are also recommended.
- Must be able to speak English.