ICON Clinical Research Medical Technologist - Chemistry in Farmingdale, New York
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced, busy environment for a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. Our Medical Technologist plays a key role within ICON Central Labs. Performing and analyzing the results of complex scientific test using sophisticated procedures and equipment to conduct the laboratory services that are dedicated exclusively to clinical development.
Overview of the Role*
You will perform technical assignments and testing in the Laboratory department, you will prepare reagents and maintain quality control records, statistical data, and the cleanliness of work areas.
You will enter and review test results in ICON’s web based information system, consult with the Management Team prior to accepting abnormal results when an unusual test run is encountered.
Participate in required Continuous Professional Education Programs, including conferences, internal journal club and lectures. You should be prepared to perform other relevant tasks as requested.* *
· You will have testing experience within a lab environment where you demonstrated excellent analytical, organization, and documentation skills and hold a BS in Medical Technology or equivalent
· You must possess a New York State License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist
· Desirable – Certification from American Society of Clinical Pathologists
· Chemistry and or Generalist Background
- Benefits of Working in ICON*
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage.
We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
- What’s Next?*
Following your application you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters and if successful we will be able to provide you with more details about this opportunity.
- ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment*