Welcov Healthcare Laundry Aide in Faribault, Minnesota
Description: Performs necessary functions for the upkeep and maintenance of residents’ clothing.
- Loads and unloads washers and dryers.
- Sort, wash, dry, fold and iron linens and residents' clothing.
- Operates ironers, folders and presses as required.
- Discards linens and maintains records.
- Keep manager informed of linen needs.
- Deliver clean linen and residents' clothing to rooms; stock linen closets and carts for nursing units and return linen barrels to the laundry.
- Discard stained, torn or otherwise unacceptable linen.
- Maintain a clean, organized and sanitary work area.
- Perform equipment cleaning such as removing detergent build-up in washers and cleaning lint traps in dryers.
- Assist residents with feeding of meals if necessary.
- Put resident names on boards an erase when discharged.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Performs all duties in a professional manner.
Regular communication with team leader and environmental services director.
Performs work in an efficient, accurate and timely manner
As an effective member of the facility staff team, fosters cooperation and teamwork.
Abides by all facility rules and regulations.
Is respectful of the rights of all residents and provide services which will keep residents free from mistreatment.
Notifies supervisor of questionable resident care or mistreatment.
Keeps resident, facility, professional and personal matters confidential.
Is able to work outside of normal working hours as necessary.
Develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and management.
Must be able to speak/read/write in English.
Six months of laundry experience or the ability to be trained.
Must be able to learn the operation of washing machines, dryers, and associated equipment.
Regular and punctual attendance.
Ability to take instruction and constructive criticism and manage own time effectively.
Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V
Physical and Mental Demands:
Able to tolerate standing and walking throughout the day.
Able to tolerate frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling, occasional kneeling, climbing, reaching, stretching and crawling.
Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds occasionally.
Able to tolerate exposure to solvents and chemicals.
We conduct drug and alcohol testing as allowed by applicable state law.
Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
Facility: St. Lucas Healthcare Community
Job Title: Laundry Aide
Department: Environmental Services