American National Bank (ANB) Teller in Falls City, Nebraska
Description PERSONAL FINANCES: Must have the ability to manage personal finances.
JOB SUMMARY: Serves the needs of existing and prospective customers. Greets each customer. Handles transactions and identifying sales opportunities. Potential business is referred to business partners. Responsible for timely completion of required training applicable to the position and regular and effective application of such training in the performance of the position.
COMPLIANCE: In addition to the employee’s regular responsibilities American National Bank realizes that a cohesive Compliance Program is the responsibility of every employee in the bank to ensure compliance with applicable consumer protection laws and regulations. Total bank support is required, but the Audit Committee and Management acknowledge that their influence, direction, and guidance are critical to implementing an effective Compliance Program. It is also a requirement that all employees especially Management and Officers demonstrate unequivocal support of the Compliance Program so that all bank employees understand and perceive the importance of the Compliance Program. Management's involvement will be critical to administering an effective Compliance Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: 1. Ensures customer needs are being handled in a courteous and professional manner at all times. (15%) 2. Processes deposits to savings and checking accounts. Verifies amounts and examines checks for endorsement and negotiability. (15%) 3. Cashes checks and pays money from checking and savings accounts. Verifies signatures, account balances and examines all checks, bonds, money orders, savings withdrawals, etc. to determine negotiability. Processes transactions for various bank products and services, including, safe deposit boxes, travelers checks, money orders, cashier checks, savings bonds, credit card cash advances, loan payments, etc. (25%) 4. Fills commercial change orders. (5%) 5. Balances daily transactions and verifies cash totals. (10%) 6. Stays abreast of all campaigns and promotions. Cross sell products and services to current and prospective customers, refers potential business to appropriate business partners. (15%) 7. Achieves compliance certification and use knowledge of compliance regulations in day-to-day activities. (5%) 8. Performs clerical duties such as, answering calls, processing incoming mail and deliveries, filing, typing. (5%)
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned (5%).
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: 1. Knowledge of bank products and services. 2. Knowledge of banks organizational structure, policies and operating procedures. 3. Thorough knowledge of Teller operations to answer questions and resolve problems. 4. Basic understanding of the on-line computer system to enter and retrieve information effectively via a CRT scope or teller terminal, and ability to operate various office equipment such as: typewriter, adding machine, coin counter, coin roller, money counter and copy machine. 5. Interpersonal skills necessary to help coordinate department activities, including work assignments, and ability to communicate with customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: 1. High school graduate or equivalent work experience. 2. Four to six month’s teller experience, or equivalent customer service and/or cash handling experience. 3. Previous sales experience preferred.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EO/AA: American National Corporation (including all affiliates) (“ANC”) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EO/AA) employer. ANC considers applicants for all positions, and employees are treated equally during employment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as provided under applicable state and federal law.
Federal and state law obligates us to provide reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of applicants and employees, unless to do so would pose an undue hardship. Please let us know if you need an accommodation to complete the application process or to perform any essential elements of the position you are applying for. You may do so by contacting the Human Resources Employment Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requisition Number: 16-0196
Company: American National Bank
Title: (ANB) Teller
Department: Retail - Falls City
Location/Building: Falls City
Employment Type: Full Time
Total Hours Per Week: 40
Saturday: rotating Saturday mornings
City: Falls City