The Mosaic Company Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic in Esterhazy, Saskatchewan
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company ( www.mosaicco.com ), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic at our Esterhazy, SK K2 location. As the successful candidate, you will safely and efficiently perform the duties of Heavy Duty Repair in an assigned area on an assigned shift.
What will you be working on?
- Inspect, install, adjust and maintain mechanical machines and equipment on site under typical conditions.
- Dismantling, cleaning, measuring, assembling, torquing, running and testing of gasoline and diesel engines as well as diesel fuel systems.
- Repair and service power control units such as hoists and hydraulics.
- Install and maintain drive lines such as clutches, transmissions, torque converters, V joints, propeller shafts and differentials.
- Safely operate specific units of mobile equipment including overhead and mobile crane.
- Test drive equipment serviced completing exam and task sheet.
- Interpret and carry out written or oral instructions, and to make written reports as required.
- Diligently adhere to all relevant legal environmental requirements.
- Diligently ensure that all relevant OH&S requirements and in-house safety regulations are complied with.
What are we looking for?
- A recognized, valid Heavy Duty Journeyman's License or a recognized, valid Agricultural Machinery Technician Journeyman’s License supplemented by the BRAK282 Brake System Theory and BRAK283 Brake System Shop technical training modules from the Heavy Equipment Mechanic Apprenticeship level II SIAST program.
- Two year's experience in the Heavy Duty Mechanical Trade as Helper or higher, two of which must have been served in an industrial plant.
- Full knowledge of the utilization and care of basic hand tools.
- The ability to cut and weld.
- Full knowledge of basic electricity, starting circuits, ignition circuits, generator circuits, and alternator circuits.
- Knowledge of complete engine rebuild.
- Theory and practical on brakes and steering systems.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be Authorized to work in Canada.
The above reflect the general duties considered to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
The Mosaic Company
As one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients, Mosaic delivers value from mine to market. Driven by our mission to help the world grow the food it needs, our nearly 9,000 employees deliver about 20 million tonnes of crop nutrient and feed products each year to customers in approximately 40 countries.
We conduct our work with integrity and excellence, and we strive to be a thoughtful neighbor in each of our operating communities. We use our financial resources, expertise and innovative spirit to demonstrate our shared commitment to good corporate citizenship.
The Mosaic Company (NYSE:MOS) is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota.
At Mosaic, we believe success comes when we make smart choices about our stewardship of the environment, how we engage our people, and the way we manage our resources. We’re committed to maintaining a safe, healthy and respectful work environment for our workforce. And we’re dedicated to ensuring Mosaic is a place where people are proud to work and grow.
Mosaic is always looking for bright, passionate individuals who are motivated by our purpose, and who want to build their careers with a global leader in agriculture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as meaningful career development opportunities.