American LegalNet Inc. Implementation Specialist, Project Manager & Production Support in Encino, California
Employee Title: Implementation Specialist, Project Manager & Production Support
Travel: Approximately 25% per year
Location: Encino, CA headquarters
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE:
The Implementation Specialist, Project Manager & Production Support position's primary function is managing all aspects of System Implementations and Project Management at American LegalNet as well as Production Support. In addition to these responsibilities, activities will include preparation of project documentation, including scope management, business requirements, project plans, tasks, timelines and oral and written client communications. This position ultimately ensures that projects meet internal and external expectations within agreed timeframes and with the highest quality. The person in this role is expected to be hands-on in every aspect of Project Management.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Criteria
This position plans, builds, coordinates, supervises, and directs the efforts in key revenue / support functions within ALN:
· Focuses on, without being limited to, the following activities with regard to ALN’s current products:
• eDockets ◦ Conversions from other products and solutions. ◦ Customization of the product to customer requirements. ◦ Installation and implementation of the product throughout the firm in accordance with the specific requirements of the customer. ◦ Integration with other systems including accounting, conflicts, document management, records, and other custom or enterprise applications used by the customer. ◦ Development of SharePoint integration and custom webparts.
• Forms WorkFlow (FWF) ◦ Conversions from other products and solutions. ◦ Installation and implementation of the FWF product in customer locations: ▪ Pilot implementations ▪ Practice, department, office, and firm rollouts
◦ Development of custom forms, “smarter” forms tailored to customer requirements and systems. ◦ Development of custom forms workflow solutions. ◦ Integration with other systems including SharePoint, other portal systems, and other enterprise systems.
• Leads teams to deliver contract services in a timely and cost effective manner. • Handles oversight and coordination of project timelines, tasks, milestones and deliverables for PS projects. • Fosters a collaborative, team-oriented approach and spirit within the group and among the other members of the ALN organization. • Interfaces with various internal teams to meet client and organizational goals. • Works with and through ALN’s staff to achieve organizational and project goals. Creates and implements project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives for medium to large size projects of moderate complexity. Tailors project management overhead accordingly for smaller or less complex assignments. • Prepares statements of work for project engagements and monitors performance to ensure that project commitments meet contractual specifications. • Determines need for and impact of changes in project scope and makes recommendation based on determinations. • Gains concurrence, approval, and consensus from customer stakeholders regarding the various project aspects and adjusts accordingly. • Identifies appropriate resources and staffs projects. Organizes project team members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as the point of contact with customer project management representatives. • Manages costs, schedules, and quality by overseeing project deliverables. Ensures schedules and budgets are met. Identifies needs for adjustment/change and revises within established guidelines/policies as appropriate. • Performs ongoing review of project status; identifies project risks. Develops recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate. • Interfaces with team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage changes to projects such as but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule. Determines when additional resources are need and implements same. • Manages customer, company management and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining and providing project metrics. • Oversees assigned personnel to projects. Assigns work and provides direction with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Provides performance input upon completion of project.
Management Reporting and Staff Development
• This position is tasked with developing and implementing effective practices, procedures, and communications with senior management, colleagues, and subordinates to satisfy the following requirements: • Works closely with, and reports weekly to management on accomplishments, activities, and progress against goals and objectives. • Develops effective tracking and reporting to provide early detection of problems and highlight opportunities. • Engages subordinates in the full extent of client relations and professional services activities providing professional growth opportunities and deepening and broadening their experience and capabilities. • Engages management appropriately and in a timely manner in problem determination, remediation, and resolution.
Production Support Role
This role is also responsible for coordinating with various IT teams to migrate software to production and testing environments, and performing assigned scheduled tasks. Other key responsibilities include responding to assigned tickets from customer requests and configuration management.
This position provides high quality and timely, Tier 2 support for our multiple Legal Software applications. Strong analytical, problem solving (issue identification and prioritization), and communication skills are essential for this role which also includes troubleshooting issues for complex database applications. This position interacts with business users, client services, implementation specialists, business analysts, quality assurance analysts, software development teams, and infrastructure to resolve application and environment problems.
The roles also involves becoming an expert in the eDockets product and understanding how it is used by law firms.
• Develop and in-depth understanding of the eDockets product. • Understanding end user needs and how to achieve them using the product. • Provide multiple simultaneous tier 1 & 2 support across all applications including assisting end-users and making data fixes. • Support includes problem identification, definition and implementation of short term work around and coordination of long term software solution with development team. • Maintain ongoing communication with Service Desk, end-users, business analysts, QA team, development team on IT systems and issues. • Ensure that scheduled jobs complete successfully, troubleshoot as needed. • Perform assigned tasks from the regular production support checklist. • Perform product installations & upgrades • Provide operational support for vendor applications. • Review and respond to system alerts in a timely manner. • Performs configuration management for implementation of new system functionality into production. • Create and update production documentation. • Familiarity with SQL Server, ability to write and execute sql queries for SQL Server • Monitor internal trouble management system to ensure all assigned production issues are addressed according to the appropriate service level. • Provide system expertise to training teams in support of new employee training and ongoing system training needs. • Manage and track escalations, ensuring timely updates to management and development staff. • Provide management-level reporting on project status, risks and mitigation strategies. • Participate in the application development review process to ensure Production Support team can support new applications and enhanced functionality • General Windows server experience (IIS, Exchange) – helps for migrations and troubleshooting
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• Strong interpersonal skills and strong analytical skills - understand business processes and issues from business users. • Strong organizational and problem solving skills. • Strong verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate with external clients and internal stakeholders. • Strong technical skills, desktop, web and software Implementation, and training. • Understanding of software implementation process and project management. • Ability to work on multiple items at one time and to ensure that overall priorities are being met. • Ability to interact and communicate with various departments – need to be able to adapt to audience (C-level, IT, users, etc). • Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.). • Strong presentation skills both verbal and technical including experience with presentation tools like PowerPoint and/or desk top publishing software. • Knowledge of SQL database functions, Expert in Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 software suites, Windows Operating System Environments (XP, Vista, 7) and with other law firm macro integration packages. Candidates should also have a strong understanding of Document Management Systems (DMS) including Interwoven, IManage, OpenText DM5, DocsOpen and Docketing Systems including eDockets, ProLaw and CompuLaw, which are in use in the law firm environment. Candidates should also have a strong technical understanding of Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and 2010. • PMP certification a plus. • JD degree a strong plus. • Travel – must be willing to travel 40-50% of the time throughout the US conducting on site, in-person sales and training/relationship building efforts.
Compensation Package: Salary dependent on experience. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, Gym Membership, flexible health Insurance, 401K with full 6% matching and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping-pong, yoga, etc. We also provide great and stable and professional work environment.