APG Federal Credit Union Branch Manager in Elkton, Maryland
APGFCU Your Community Credit Union! APGFCU offers competitive pay and great benefits to include pension, safe harbor, tuition reimbursement, LTD, STD, flexible spending, medical, dental, vision and generous annual and sick leave to qualified individuals with remarkable customer service skills.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Vice President of Branch Operations, responsible for the planning of branch operations to improve branch profitability and assist in developing and meeting yearly branch goals. Responsibilities include: directing, supervising and coordinating the work of member service specialists, member service representatives and tellers of a full service branch whose focus is lending; training of staff, focusing on people development; evaluation of loan applications and approval, within scope of responsibility. Responsibilities comprise the general supervision of day-to-day activities and the implementation of applicable Credit Union Branch policies and procedures in accordance with plans, programs, and objectives.
Essential Duties*and* Responsibilities:
- Management and Supervision: Plan, direct, and coordinate the work of 10 to 25 persons engaged in providing efficient and courteous Branch Operations services comprised of opening new accounts, promoting Credit Union products and services, perform day-to-day Teller activities, conduct credit interviews and authorize loans, within the limits of prescribed authority. Provide for an adequate work force and their development. Provide direction to Assistant Branch Manager in the assigning and scheduling of personnel to ensure efficient performance of work. Implement and ensure compliance with Credit Union policies and procedures. Modify and adapt existing procedures to meet unusual requirements. Anticipate and/or investigate causes for inadequate results and take corrective action within limits of Credit Union policy.
- Productivity and Communications:Conduct Branch staff meetings, as appropriate, and participate in Branch Operations staff meetings to provide support and assistance in resolving day-to-day problems and implement policies and programs. Make recommendations on the improvements of operations, Member relations, budget planning and Branch Operations objectives.
- Branch Operations:Provide for an accurate completion of all Teller summaries, accounting sheets, and the maintenance of a variety of records, reports and statistics concerned with operations, equipment and personnel. Ensure the security of the Branch, its financial transactions and assets. Define and delegate authority, as appropriate to maintain efficiency of operations. Take necessary actions to ensure physical branch appearance meets standards as set for by the Marketing Department. Maintain neatness of physical branch.
- Personnel Management/Training and Performance: Direct, assist, and train subordinates. Appraise performance; recommend development actions and discipline, as required. Create and maintain an atmosphere of open communications, good employee and Member relations, efficiency and productivity. Collaborate with Supervisor and Senior Vice President of Administration on employee relations matters and adherence to Credit Union personnel policies and procedures.
- Coaching:Provide coaching to members of staff to develop skills and experience. Enforce established non-negotiable set for each position. Oversee the preparation and review of monthly standards tool with each branch employee. Supervise or administer weekly sales meetings.
- Other: Perform other related duties as assigned or associated with the responsibility.
Education: Equivalent to a 4 year related college degree.
Experience: 4 to 5 years financial institution experience in branch operations and management, including 3 years of supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of financial institution office procedures, commercial mathematics, and bookkeeping. Familiar with branch operations and management, bank administrative procedures, business computer operation (including PC skills), compiling, verifying and documenting financial transactions; also requires knowledge of credit laws and regulation; supervisory, analysis, human relations, communications and organization skills; the ability to handle a fast paced environment and make decisions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
*APGFCU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability to Protected Veteran status. Please use the attached link to view the EEO law poster *http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
APGFCU is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to persons of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the Human Resources Department at HRD@apgfcu.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posted: September 24, 2016