HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Environmental Services Tech (Housekeeping) / FT Mixed in El Paso, Texas
Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186-private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading-edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the region’s only Kidney Transplant Center.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
_POSITION SUMMARY: _ _ _ Under supervision, cleans and maintains assigned areas in a sanitary, orderly, and attractive condition. Ensures that these activities are performed and in accordance with local codes, legislation, JCAHO guidelines and all regulatory requirements, and facility policies and procedures.
*POPULATION SERVED: *
- Sets up carts with all supplies and equipment according to specifications.
- Knowledge in the 7-step procedure in cleaning a room -empty trash, high dust, damp wipe, dry mop, damp mop, cleans restrooms finally inspect room to assure everything was done to patient satisfaction.
- Knowledge of cleaning of stairwells, elevators, baseboards, water fountains, wall washing, windows, furniture and working equipment.
- Knowledge of various types of project work such as stripping and waxing of floors, shampooing of carpets and furniture, spray buffing of floors.
- Wears appropriate protective equipment and or clothing in cleaning of an Isolation room, O.R. or other areas as necessary.
- Attends all training sessions and meetings as scheduled
- Responds to requests from patients, physicians and visitors in a courteous and efficient manner, always demonstrates positive interpersonal skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
*REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS* 1. N/A
- Knowledge in all floor machines used in the Hospital, (scrubbers, buffers, carpet extractor and vacuum cleaners)
- Knowledge in chemicals.
- Experience in stripping and waxing of floor tile.
- One-year experience in a general housekeeping environment.
*PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES*
*1. *High school diploma or equivalent. *2. *Two years experience in environmental services in a health care setting. 1. Knowledge of methods, materials and techniques related to the requirements for effective cleaning, sanitation, and maintaining aesthetic condition of the assigned facility. 2. Knowledge of work-related occupational hazards and proper safety precautions. 3. Knowledge of techniques and practices of work standards, techniques, and general practices necessary to comply with JCAHO requirements. 4. Ability to guide and direct others in the completion of assigned tasks and through effective communication, motivate and secure the cooperation of assigned staff. 5. Ability to guide and direct others in the completion of assigned tasks and through effective communication, motivate and secure the cooperation of assigned staff. 6. Ability to manage limited resources and meet deadlines and timeframes. 7. Ability to solve problems, resolve personnel issues and establish effective working relationships. 10. Ability to understand and communicate in English; in order to follow oral and written instructions effectively.
Title: Environmental Services Tech (Housekeeping) / FT Mixed
Location: Texas-El Paso-Las Palmas Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01515-16575