HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Program Coordinator (RN) PICC Line / Full Time Days in El Paso, Texas
_POSITION SUMMARY: _ Serves as Clinical Program Coordinator for inpatient and outpatient PICC Lines. Ensures continuous survey readiness through integration of hospital services in support of program goals. Using a variety of methods, performs data collection, data entry, and data analysis to validate program goals Participates in staff and patient education specific to program goals and desired patient outcomes.
*POPULATION SERVED:*** The Clinical Program Coordinator facilitates the bedside clinical care of patients admitted with disease states needing intravenous access from a PICC line. This position collaborates with all members of the healthcare team via consistent clinical patient rounds to assist in the planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of care delivery for the this patient population. The Clinical Program Coordinator provides formal and informal education to staff and community related to appropriate use of PICC and midline catheters, and acts as a resource for staff, physicians, and community to support the program goals. The Clinical Program Coordinator position collaborates with nursing, physician leadership and community resources in support of program goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of program coordination. Will be responsible for the program process improvement, data collection and reporting processes. He/She will educate nursing staff and medical personnel to achieve quality initiatives. The Clinical Program Coordinator will work with the nursing staff, managers and directors of all ancillary departments in establishing and implementing and monitoring hospital wide protocols/processes for the purpose of developing standardized structure and quality assurance. He/She will be responsible for reporting all process improvement to appropriate hospital committees and departments. Will serve as a resource and educator for the nursing staff, including other ancillary departments
- Assists with program-specific process activities, including employee orientation, professional development, planning, and program policy development.
- Educates the patient/family based on individual needs.
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times
- Responsible for maintaining and meeting JCAHO, and specific program standards.
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.**
_REQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION:_
- Registered Nurse
- ACLS (employee will have 30 days to renew certifications upon returning from a LOA) new nurses have up to 6 months to obtain ACLS _REQUIRED EDUCATION:_
- RN licensed in State of Texas or compact State Nursing license. _REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:_
- A minimum of 3 years Critical care experience
- Direct experience in the provision of care of patients with acute stroke and cardiac disease.
_PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:_
- Preferred 5-10 years critical care (ICU and/or ED) experience
- BSN preferred
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Computer skills; i.e. word processing systems used byLas PalmasMedicalCenter.
- Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills (Critical Thinking Skills).
- Knowledge of general hospital operations
- PICC line certification preferre
Title: Clinical Program Coordinator (RN) PICC Line / Full Time Days
Location: Texas-El Paso-Las Palmas Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01515-16497