APG Federal Credit Union Senior VP IT in Edgewood, Maryland
Responsible for leading the technology solutions and functions of the credit union in accordance with credit union policies and financial services standards, and where applicable, conforming to regulatory requirements, in order to achieve the strategic goals of the credit union. The Senior Vice President – Information Technology is responsible for supporting the member experience by providing service operations. Functional responsibilities include IT/IS teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- *Strategic Planning: *Participates in planning corporate growth, developing the strategic plan, and leading execution of the plan in accordance with the plan to produce results.
- *People: *Creates collaborative, member-focused, teams that meet or exceed goals; embrace diversity; and are accountable for producing results. Invests in and develops people to create a pipeline of talent for immediate and long-term growth. Ensures procedures, processes and technology are working in support of employee service to the membership.
- Processes: Persistently examines processes and procedures to optimize operations, ensuring alignment and creating efficiencies to better serve the membership.
- Technology/Equipment/Resources: Ensures teams are equipped with the technology, equipment and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals. Challenges assumptions and methods, and identifies and removes barriers.
Financial: Provides guidance and leadership to subordinate areas to ensure prudent financial management of the credit union assets and resources, while minimizing variances.
Manages 5% of total FTE
Community Relations: Represents the credit union in the community, serving on various boards.
- Board Relations: Works in concert with the President / CEO to ensure transparency and collaboration support the elected volunteer directors. Provides staff support to the Technology Committee.
*Accountabilities and Measures: *As defined by the strategic plan.
- *Short Term Goals: *Net Worth/Total Assets, Net Income/Average Assets, Net Operating Expense/Average Assets
- Long Term Goals (3 years): Average number accounts/household, Average number services used/household, Net Operating Expense/Average Assets
- Productivity of Resources: Number of loans/FTE, Number of accounts/FTE, Net Income/FTE.
- Leadership: Initiative: *New products, new directions; *Closure: Projects or challenges completed;
- Internal: Leader of management staff; External: Leader in credit union community
EDUCATION: Related degree; Masters preferred
EXPERIENCE: 10+ years experience, preferably at an executive level
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: *To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge of financial institution operations including strategic planning and asset/liability management. Requires human relations, public relations, management, analysis and organizational skills. Must be able to work independently toward general results and collaborate as part of a team.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Requires exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common credit union and finance journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond orally and in writing to common inquiries or complaints from within the organization as well as externally, e.g. regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively represent the credit union while presenting information to executive management, public groups, and/or boards of directors with polish and poise, including when under pressure. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, with Board of Directors, and externally.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and take action. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Results: Ability to develop long term corporate strategic plans; translate those plans into executable tactical actions; and motivate others to meet or exceed goals. Knowledge of structuring sales goals and revenue streams to meet corporate goals.
- Strategic Thinking: Thorough knowledge of strategic planning, modern business theories and practices as applied to a financial institution
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Must be able to work independently toward general results, while not losing sight of ones role as a member of the overall team. Requires strong leadership and facilitation and consensus building skills in order to rally people around a common goal. Self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well at all levels of the organization. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage multiple projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings. Must be able to work a flexible schedule and travel occasionally.
- *Physical Demands: *The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- *Work Environment: *Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*APGFCU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability to Protected Veteran status. Please use the attached link to view the EEO law poster *http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
APGFCU is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to persons of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the Human Resources Department at HRD@apgfcu.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posted: September 10, 2016