APG Federal Credit Union Data Warehouse Analyst in Edgewood, Maryland
Reports to the AVP of I.T. Project Management, with responsibility for day to day support of the data warehouse, troubleshooting of existing process and procedures and designing, building and publishing business intelligence reports and / or dashboards across various platforms. Work with technical, business and executive management to design, implement and provide governance on the data warehouse/business intelligence system. Provide technical and thought leadership in the areas of analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and quality assurance. Offer insight on our current and future reporting needs, as well as provide support on the maintenance of the data warehouse and reporting systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage data warehouse accuracy, quality and integrity.
- Design and build ETL workflows resulting in either a systems integration and / or business intelligence source table from multiple data sources.
- Provide technical and systems design expertise in the development of new and maintenance of existing databases.
- Provide detailed analysis, design, tuning, testing, implementation and documentation of the data warehouse and business intelligence system
- Provide expertise in data analysis in the areas of reporting, data warehouse, and business intelligence.
- Work directly with organizational leadership on defining data needs and provide guidance to meet business objectives.
- Work closely with business stake holders to further enhance the data warehouse / business intelligence environments to meet operational objectives.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions leveraging existing systems and automation.
- Understands business reporting requirements to ensure reporting and dashboards meet expected results.
- Review deliverables for quality, completeness, compliance to standards and adherence to approach.
- Work in a team environment to support goals and to improve reporting practices.
- Responsible for data warehouse / business intelligence quality testing, stakeholder approval and user acceptance testing.
- Develop and maintain technical specification documentation for all reports and processes.
- Conduct periodic analysis of infrastructure and application performance and contributes to the annual IT strategic plan.
- Provide support for and implement data driven technologies and platforms such as workflow and CRM tools.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field is required. Experience can be credited in lieu of education. Specialized training pertaining to the system in place. Continuing education a plus.
EXPERIENCE:4 to 6years of experience with a financial institution. 3 to 5 years data warehouse management experience a plus. 2 to 3 years systems administration experience a plus. Education may be substituted in lieu of experience. High proficiency in PC related skills. Experience with Excel required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of managing a data warehouse/business intelligence system. Demonstrates knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.Analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret end-user business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possesses effective interpersonal skills to effectively elicit technical information from the non-technical end-user. Demonstrated ability to manage end user expectations.
Ability to manage people, timelines, and budget in accordance with standard data warehouse methodology.
Expert knowledge and a demonstrated understanding of the general interoperability of financial industry business systems and processes, as well as a current knowledge and general understanding of financial product/service advancement and operating trends.
PHYSICAL DEMAND: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and be capable of transporting related supplies and equipment. Specific vision abilities by this job include vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
*APGFCU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability to Protected Veteran status. Please use the attached link to view the EEO law poster *http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
APGFCU is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to persons of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the Human Resources Department at HRD@apgfcu.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posted: October 1, 2016