Federal Reserve Bank Cyber Security Analyst - National Incident Response Team – Federal Reserve in East Rutherford, New Jersey
The National Incident Response Team (NIRT), a national service provider for the Federal Reserve System, delivers effective and efficient national intrusion detection, incident response, security intelligence, threat assessment, and vulnerability assessment services for the Federal Reserve System. The mission of the National Incident Response Team is to play a leading role in the Federal Reserve System’s efforts to protect its information systems against unauthorized use.
The mission of NIRT’s Incident Detection and Analysis team is to be an agile team that effectively detects, analyses and investigates information security incidents for its customers. The team is focused on ensuring the security and integrity of critical enterprise systems and environments through the use of various analytical data mining techniques and automated tactics. As a member of the team, this role will analyze a large volume of security event data from a variety of sources with the goal of identifying suspicious and malicious activity; perform post mortem analysis of traffic flows, conduct network forensics; perform follow up analysis throughout the incident life cycle; and complete projects and tasks associated with security monitoring, detection, and incident response. The role will interact directly with NIRT’s technical and business customers located across the United States.
- Position Location: *
East Rutherford, NJ* *
The candidate should possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of a breadth of information technologies and information security topics. Specifically, this should include the following:
- Strong security platform and technology capabilities; SIEM utilization skills with the ability to review and analyze security events from various monitoring and logging sources to identify and/or confirm suspicious activity.
- Ability to analyze large data sets and unstructured data for the purpose of identifying trends and anomalies indicative of malicious activity, as well as demonstrated capability to learn and develop new techniques.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, TCP/IP protocol and network/packet analysis.
- Strong knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to research current information security landscape
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of IT Infrastructure designs, technologies, products, and services. This should include knowledge of networking protocols, firewall functionality, host and network intrusion detection systems, operating systems, databases, encryption, load balancing, and other technologies.
- Perform acquisition and basic to moderate static/behavioral analysis of malware specimens to determine the effects on internal systems at both the host and network level.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays on a rotational basis with the rest of the team to ensure 24x7 coverage of Threat Analysis Center (TAC) – Normal hours would be 7am to 3pm ET.
Ability to obtain and maintain National Security Clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship. Preferred Skills:
Hands on experience performing incident detection and analysis in a 24x7 operational environment or educational equivalent.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Associate (ISC)2certified/qualified or ability to actively work towards obtaining certification.
GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA) or demonstrated skills and ability to obtain certification. Education/Certifications:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. / The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service. /
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Title: Cyber Security Analyst - National Incident Response Team – Federal Reserve
Location: NJ-East Rutherford
Requisition ID: 248327