Ally Financial HR Business Partner in Duluth, Georgia
Sep 21, 2016
Responsible for consultation and support of the Human Resources function. Serves as HR business partner (HRBP) with responsibility for employee relations, projects/initiatives, performance management, compensation strategy and planning, as well as day to day HR duties. Also, provides direction and support to successfully recruit, on-board and assimilate new hires. Focuses on supporting a learning organization and a robust talent management process.
- Applies knowledge of enterprise goals and business environment, to design and develop strategic plans; executes strategies and methods in alignment with enterprise goals and HR policies and practices.
- Serves as trusted advisor and valued business partner at Leadership level, strong and proven track record of empathy and credibility, maintains confidentiality and acts with integrity.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to managers and supervisors and offers creative solutions to sensitive issues using multi-disciplined approach. Will have a proven track record of appropriately resolving HR issues; possess the ability to effectively manage sensitive and complex matters and will have demonstrated ability to facilitate effective group interactions.
- Evaluates and analyzes data and information from HR reports to determine HR issues impacting the business unit.
- Assists managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues.
- Provides compensation guidance in alignment with Ally's pay for performance culture and supports annual compensation planning process.
- Facilitates change management to support Servicing's strategic imperatives and process improvement initiatives
- Compiles HR reports, audit, and ensure data integrity.
- Supports performance management culture ensuring a robust learning and development program for all employees.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition team in developing a strong talent acquisition strategy; manages local initiatives and recruiting efforts to achieve hiring goals
- Partners with Finance to ensure headcount and business plan alignment
- Assists with other special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 5-7 years progressive HR experience
- Strong relationship management skills with experience in partnering with coaching and building credibility with senior leaders.
- Demonstrated experience provided creative solution to address HR challenges and implications of the organization business strategies.
- Ability to use professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
- Ability to use judgment, creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions.
- Strong communication skills: listening, verbal and written.
- Ability to manage performance, coach and mentor; provide training.
- Superior knowledge of employment law; independently manages complex ER issues.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Human Resources (HR) is an integral part of Ally, supporting all enterprise functions and business lines. HR strives to create a work environment focused on achieving business results through strong leadership and highly skilled, motivated and accountable employees.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6241
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Georgia (Duluth)