State of Michigan Application Configuration Administrator - ITPA 12 in Dimondale, Michigan
This position manages and administers agency specific server and application configuration and ensures applications uptime, high performances for multiple MSP applications, including but not limited to: DashBaord Application, RiverGlass, All of the MSP IIS and JBOSS applications and web servers. Activities include web and middleware software installations, configuration, tuning, monitoring, updating and patching. This senior level position assesses and identifies issues regarding software upgrades and new releases as well as advises application development staff on integration with software, monitors and maintains web server software operations, patches and tuning activities required. This position coordinates software maintenance schedules with peers and vendor across the MSP agency services.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong experience administering and managing web server installations such as: IIS, Websphere, JBoss, Apache and Tomcat
- Strong experience with web applications design, development and deployment, using ASP.Net or J2EE development platforms
- Clear understanding and good background in designing and supporting Web application architecture including understanding of network security zones, firewall rules and communication between various application components
- Knowledge of systems development and methodology utilized in the development of new systems enhancements for existing manual or automated data processing systems
- Ability to research, recommend, and implement the appropriate tools to manage the agency specific web environments Ability to establish courses of action for self and others to ensure that the work is completed efficiently
Required Education and Experience
Information Technology Programmer/Analyst P11/12
Possession of a Bachelor's degree with 21 semester (32 term) credits in one or a combination of the following: computer science, data processing, computer information systems, data communications, networking, systems analysis, computer programming, information assurance, IT project management or mathematics.
Information Technology Programmer/Analyst 12 Two years of professional experience equivalent to an Information Technology Infrastructure or Programmer/Analyst P11.
Alternate Education and Experience
Information Technology Programmer/Analyst P11 - 12
Possession of an associate's degree with 16 semester (24 term) credits in computer science, information assurance, data processing, computer information, data communications, networking, systems analysis, computer programming, IT project management, or mathematics and two years of experience as an application programmer, computer operator, or information technology technician; or two years (4,160 hours) of experience as an Information Technology Student Assistant may be substituted for the education requirement.
Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school and four years of experience as an application programmer, computer operator, information technology technician, or four years (8,320 hours) of experience as an Information Technology Student Assistant may be substituted for the education requirement.
Additional Requirements and Information
Certain positions may require certification in specific information technology programs.
View the job specification at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/InformationTechnologyProgrammerAnalyst127337.pdf
View the Position Descriptionhere.
*Please submit a copy of your official college transcripts with your application. * Click here for the State of Michigan (SOM) definition of an Official College Transcript.
Foreign degree evaluation information available here.
Salary: $25.40 - $36.50 Hourly
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Number: 0801-2016-1636
Location: Dimondale, MI
Closing: 11/6/2016 11:59 PM Eastern
Department: Technology, Management and Budget
Agency: State of Michigan
Address: 400 South Pine Street Lansing, Michigan, 48909.
Phone: (800) 788-1766