Ally Financial Supplier Relations Manager in Detroit, Michigan
Aug 26, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Commercial Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Manage processes associated with supplier due diligence, ongoing audits, risk assessments and continuing monitoring for third party service providers for the Loss Mitigation organization. Assist the Loss Mitigation management team manage over 200 third party service providers providing Repossession, Collection Agency, Skip, or Legal services. Work collaboratively with stakeholders to deconstruct vendor audit and compliance issues and develop a solution for risk mitigation. Assist in providing support, education, and training to staff to build the Supplier Management discipline and process.
Work with Management to identify potential suppliers, screen them, and negotiate favorable payment terms with selected suppliers. Work with closely with internal Ally stakeholders as it relates to creating and executing Master Service Agreements (MSA) as well as Statements of Work (SOW). Manage the onboarding of suppliers through coordination with technology and other stakeholders to allow the supplier to start performing services.
- Develop and implement the strategy, mission, and vision for Loss Mitigation Supplier Management team
- Ongoing coaching and development of direct reports
- Maintain the interaction model with stakeholders: Loss Mitigation, Supply Chain, Supplier Risk, etc.
- Assist in the management of supplier relationships and monitor contractual agreements
- Participate in identifying suppliers, pricing terms, contract execution, and onboarding
- Negotiate contracts and statements of work and the completion of risk assessments for suppliers providing various goods and services through established corporate acquisition processes
- Work with Finance/Accounting as it relates to supplier budget and invoice routing
- Participate in project management activities, program development efforts, process enhancement initiatives, and compliance management efforts intended to facilitate achievement of objectives.
- Analyzes issues with supplier compliance in conjunction with business leaders and uses judgment to make decisions.
Education, Certifications & Years of Experience
Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred. Minimum of 2 years of experience in a leadership role is required
- Previous experience in Collections or Recovery operations preferred
- Previous experience that includes: researching suppliers, participating in RFI/RFP, performing supplier risk assessments, negotiating pricing and contracts, ongoing monitoring and management of suppliers
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively across business levels (both vertically and horizontally)
- Ability to support multiple assignments and stakeholders, prioritize workload for self, and coordinate with direct reports to meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize data and exercise effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal business partners and experience working with multiple business partners in a collaborative and team-oriented manner.
- Comfortable working in an evolving and dynamic environment
- Flexible and can work independently and in a team environment
- Detail-oriented, energetic, motivated, and action-oriented
Ally Total Rewards
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental - Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child - Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6009
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit), Minnesota (Shoreview), Texas (Lewisville)