Ally Financial Sr. IT Business Analyst in Detroit, Michigan
Jun 28, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally's world-class* IT* organization supports an information technology-driven business. We deliver industry-leading IT solutions to the "Best Online Bank" (Money Magazine, 2011 and 2012) and the leading Auto Finance Company. IT oversees critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise.
The Business Analyst is responsible for leading the definition of technology solutions that meet the needs of Ally's external and internal customers, and ensuring that the solution is well understood by the technical delivery teams.
Responsibilities include eliciting business requirements from a wide variety of solution stakeholders, translating those requirements into written documentation that can be understood by both business and technology groups and acting as an overall subject matter expert on the business objectives for the solution.
- Lead solution definition sessions to elicit solution objectives and business requirements from various stakeholders.
- Document findings from stakeholder sessions and translate into written solution requirements that are actionable and can be understood by both Business and Technical stakeholders.
- Develop supporting artifacts to further ensure thorough understanding of solution requirements, including flow charts, use cases, model diagrams, etc.
- Ensure that Business stakeholder objectives are well understood by Technology delivery teams, and remain understood and aligned, throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Work with stakeholders to resolve open issues, discrepancies, clarifications, risks and conflicts, especially as they relate to definition of the solution, to ensure successful delivery of solution.
- Ensure that solution requirements adhere to Ally policies for quality and content, including Ally standard requirements for technology systems.
- Become business subject matter expert to ensure that hidden or assumed requirements are captured accurately early in the solution life cycle.
- Ideal applicant will have a strong background in critical thinking and problem solving, along with a working knowledge of information technology concepts.
- Must be able to lead group forums designed to define new solutions to business problems and translate the outcome of those forums into written solution requirements.
- Must be able to mesh different perspectives into actionable requirements while maintaining solution objectives.
- Must be able to understand business objectives and how they relate to the solutions being designed.
- Must be able to thrive in a dynamic business environment, with the ability to understand stakeholder's needs while keeping one's own focus on underlying business objectives.
- Technical Writing -- expertise in writing requirements that both a business user and technologist can understand without misconception. Requirements should be clear and provide actionable intelligence for development and testing purposes.
- Customer Focus -- proven track record of customer satisfaction and delivery success and ability to establish and maintain appropriate relationships with business and IT stakeholders
- Consulting/Problem Solving -- ability to work in an advisory capacity to identify key technical & business problems, develop and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations
- Superior interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills. Must employ a "multi-ear" approach to ensure all voices are heard and understood.
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus with various stakeholder groups
- Strong issue resolution and risk management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including with executive management
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5759
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)