Ally Financial Senior Process Analyst - Letters in Detroit, Michigan
Aug 24, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Commercial Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Responsible for ownership of the consumer and other communications process within the Loss Mitigation organization, primarily focused on maintaining the content and governance for all debt collection letters and other letters used within the Loss Mitigation and Collections departments. This position is responsible to make recommendations for new and existing communications of all media types and is then responsible to facilitate the review and approval by all stakeholders including but not limited to Compliance, Legal, and IT. Incumbent is accountable to document changes following each level of review to produce a final communication for implementation. In addition, will create and maintain other internal and external communication media as needed.
- Develop and implement the strategy, mission, vision, and governance for Internal and external communications for Loss Mitigation
- Maintain a complete inventory of every letter or form that is sent to customers by the Loss Mitigation department
- Work closely with Legal and Compliance to revise the content of collection and other letters currently sent to customers while ensuring the letters meet debt collection regulatory requirements
- Standardize the process for sending letters to ensure content and format is consistent
- Work with IT and systems to create automation between Ally systems and letter vendors to reduce processing errors and protect the interests of Ally and its customers
- Track the effectiveness of the overall letter process and make changes as necessary to increase effectiveness
- Assist in the development of content for other consumer communications -- text, email, web, etc.
- Design presentations for conferences, meetings, and regulatory agencies, etc.
- Create an aggressive multi-channel internal communications strategy incorporating newsletters, executive communications, website/intranet, etc.
Education, Certifications & Years of Experience
Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
- Previous experience in Collections or Recovery operations preferred
- Experience with corporate or financial communications a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively across business levels (both vertically and horizontally)
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to support multiple assignments and stakeholders, prioritize workload for self, and coordinate with others to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter who requires a minimum of supervisory oversight
- Understands completely and complies with the highest level of ethical judgment.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal business partners and experience working with multiple business partners in a collaborative and team-oriented manner
- Comfortable working in an evolving and dynamic environment
- Flexible and can work independently and in a team environment
- Detail-oriented, energetic, motivated, and action-oriented
Ally Total Rewards
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental - Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child - Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6008
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit), Minnesota (Shoreview), Texas (Lewisville)