Ally Financial Senior Auditor, Finance and Accounting in Detroit, Michigan
Sep 27, 2016
Responsible for executing assigned audit and advisory activities primarily relating to the Finance, Accounting and Human Resource functions of Ally Financial.
Responsible for executing assigned audit activities including identifying and assessing process risks, flowcharting business processes including the supporting IT applications, identifying and evaluating the design and operational effectiveness of controls, executing audit test and documenting results. During the audit process, completes work in accordance with Ally's audit methodology and applicable standards within defined plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Independently executes assigned audit and advisory activities
- Utilize sound analytical and technical skills to provide consultation to management regarding emerging control practices.
- Analyze business process and internal control documentation and develop written summary of audit findings to review with Audit Management.
- Perform ad hoc projects as assigned to assist Audit in analyzing Ally's risk and control environment.
- Develop, execute, and document audit tests in accordance with Audit Services policies and procedures.
- Work within defined plans, budgets and schedules.
- Identify root causes and provide meaningful recommendations.
- Support audit fieldwork execution, including: tests of controls and substantive tests of details
- Train/mentor staff auditors
- 2+ years of public accounting or internal audit experience (financial services preferred)
- CPA and/or CIA preferred
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (accounting preferred)
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed and organized individual.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to excel in highly interactive team environment.
- Able to understand risk and control concepts.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience using ACL or other Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Available to travel
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Audit Services contributes to Ally's success by providing stakeholders with timely, relevant and objective enterprise-level perspectives and assurance regarding, the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal control. Audit teams are organized to support Ally's major business units and corporate functions and operate in accordance with the International Professional Practices Framework of the Institution of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6071
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)