Ally Financial Recruiter in Detroit, Michigan
Sep 19, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Human Resources (HR) is an integral part of Ally, supporting all enterprise functions and business lines. HR strives to create a work environment focused on achieving business results through strong leadership and highly skilled, motivated and accountable employees. HR is committed to raising performance, increasing capabilities and creating an engaging culture.
The Recruiter will partner with Human Resource Business Partners and Hiring Managers to create a strategic recruiting plan to attract top industry talent with focus on diversity. As part of a team, the Recruiter will focus on filling advanced/specialized individual contributors, management and leadership positions for Ally's Auto business. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong core recruiting skills including the ability to consult with managers and build rapport with candidates in order to source, screen and select both active and passive candidates. Additionally the Recruiter will: Proactively conduct research and investigate new ideas to create and implement innovative sourcing strategies. Stay current with industry trends, developments and changes especially related to a high level talent pool. Maintain in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of relevant companies and competitive intelligence. Consult and educate business partners and recruiters on hiring policies, procedures and compliance duties as stated in the Recruiting Process. Develop and sustain constructive working relationships with recruiters, HR Business Partners, HR Center of Excellence teams and hiring managers. The Recruiter will be expected to work across the organization to share best practices and ensure resources are maximized. This individual will participate and may also lead process improvement projects.
- Partner with Hiring Managers and HR Business Partners to identify hiring needs and workforce planning strategies
- Manage the end-to-end recruiting life cycle activities including but not limited to managing requisitions in the applicant tracking system, sourcing and screening candidates, scheduling interviews, extending and managing offers, assisting with background check screening and tracking and reporting data
- Utilize prescribed recruiting resources to build applicant pool and develop networking opportunities
- Conduct screening interviews with candidates to deliver qualified and diverse candidate slate for assigned positions
- Provide consultative recruiting advice to hiring managers throughout the end to end recruiting process
- Maintain data integrity within the applicant tracking system including requisition and applicant status
- Participate in local networking opportunities to encourage community awareness of Ally
- Leverage progressive sourcing tools and strategies including networking, social media, candidate databases, professional societies, and diversity organizations, to source top tier talent for the organization
- Develop and manage passive candidate pipelines that align to business objectives and strategy
- Lead Talent Acquisition related project initiatives that support continuous process improvement
- Some business travel required
- BA/BS required
- Minimum of 3 years recruiting experience required
- Prefer experience working on both the agency and corporate side of Talent Acquisition
- Skilled in conducting behavioral based interviews
- Prefer experience recruiting in a financial services or automotive organization
- In depth knowledge of advanced sourcing techniques and an established network of passive candidates
- Ability to construct complex Boolean queries to drive search results
- Strong PC skills, including applicant tracking systems, candidate management systems, MS Outlook and Excel
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6184
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)