Ally Financial IT Finance Manager in Detroit, Michigan
Sep 19, 2016
This position is a Business Partner role that is responsible for conducting core financial, accounting and analytical duties for the IT Finance team. This role will primarily support the Corporate Technology group and the Customer Information and Analytics Program. The position will also be responsible for recommending enhancements across finance applications (e.g. SAP Project Systems and PFMA) and lead improvements in management reporting across Project Financials (e.g. Tollgate funding and business case summaries).
- Responsible for the planning and executing monthly forecasting and annual planning processes
- Work with the IT Project Managers and/or Budget Owners to develop and validate? monthly forecasts
- Review monthly detailed project/operations expense forecasts for accuracy
- Analyze monthly operating results and monthly variances; identify problems and research potential recommendations for corrective actions
- Review/approve IT purchase order and Resource Approval requests
- Lead month-end close activities for supported Functions and provide overall support for monthly accounting Close process
- Prepare all needed month-end Journal Entries, recording required monthly operational and/or project related accruals
- Identify and process monthly cross-charges to other Business Units
- Generate monthly flash and scorecard reports
- Research variances and prepare analytical comments and ad hoc analytical projects (of advanced complexity) as needed
- Prepare & review financial results with IT Business Partners
- Interpret and communicate results to Senior IT Leadership to provide them with a clear understanding of financial progress versus operating plan and FY forecasts
- Serve as Liaison with the IT Project Management Office (PMO) to publish routine financial results on the overall IT Project Portfolio
- Support the IT project governance tollgate process with accurate funding request financials including Business case materials
- Support updates to PFMA and other financial systems by advancing improvements, providing requirements and testing the implementation of new enhancements
- Perform non-routine analysis and prepare ad-hoc financial reports for senior management as needed
- Drive process improvements within the department
- Special analytical projects as assigned
- Minimum of 6-7 years of experience working in a quantitate role (e.g. Accounting, Finance or FP&A;) with progressive financial responsibilities.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Familiarity with SAP, SAP Spend Management (Project Systems) and Hyperion
- Proven analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- Self-motivated and able to work with low to moderate direction in a dynamic fast paced organization
- Business partnering skills, including good interpersonal skills with ability to work well horizontally and vertically within organization, and the ability to work well in a team environment
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Finance strives to be a trusted adviser to the enterprise and prides itself on maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability. Finance is responsible for finance reporting, financial analysis, accounting, strategy and planning, tax and investor relations.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6208
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)