Ally Financial IT Compliance Manager in Detroit, Michigan
Sep 16, 2016
The Information Technology (IT) Compliance Manager is responsible for developing and executing all aspects of the IT Compliance Program which pertains to IT, Cyber Security, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS), Technology Infrastructure and the Program Management Office.
- Lead the IT Compliance Program
- Facilitate the planning and execution of the IT monitoring and testing plan
- Assist in coordination and management of examinations with an IT focus
- Conduct reporting on the state of compliance for IT
- Determine regulatory risk and effectively communicate these risks both vertically and laterally to ensure all levels of management understand the risks posed by regulatory requirements
- Manages relationships with business partners and legal department to determine and understand risks/issues and assist with determining mitigation strategies and implementation plans
- Ensures day-to-day operations are conducted in compliance with regulatory requirements and the organization's policy
- Maintains documentation, provides requested information to regulatory agencies, and keeps management informed of problems
- Represents the Compliance Department in a leadership role by demonstrating core values, support of company policies and practices, and encouraging one common culture throughout the Enterprise.
- Working knowledge of applicable federal and state compliance regulations, IT regulatory guidance and PCI-DSS
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Education level: Bachelors' degree in IT (Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.), business or related major required
- Certifications or special training needed: CISSP or ISA preferred
- Total years and type of prior related experience: 8 + years' experience in the financial industry, IT, IT Audit, or IT Compliance experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and work well with others
- Ability to prioritize workload and balance multiple duties
- Ability to respond quickly to a changing environment
- Ability to identify areas for continuous improvement and make recommendations and/or implement
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Compliance and Regulatory Affairs is responsible for driving compliance with laws, regulations and company policies set forth by federal regulators and stakeholders.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6193
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit), North Carolina (Charlotte)