Ally Financial HR Business Partner in Detroit, Michigan
Aug 23, 2016
Leads and drives the support of HR projects/initiatives, policies and procedures, compensation strategy and planning, and acts as primary HR business partner (HRBP) for assigned Group CIOs within Ally's technology organization. Provides direction and support for high level staffing / recruiting functions. Addresses development needs and performance management of employees. Collaborates with other technology HRBPs in developing and directing the implementation of Human Resource initiatives for the broader technology organization. This role reports to the HR Director, Information Technology.
- Applies knowledge of enterprise goals, business environment, and functional needs to design and develop strategic plans; executes strategies and methods in alignment with enterprise goals and HR policies and practices.
- Serves as trusted advisor and valued business partner to senior leadership, is sought as partner with HR colleagues, strong and proven track record of empathy and credibility, maintains confidentiality and acts with integrity.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to managers and offers creative solutions to sensitive issues using multi-disciplined approach. Will have a proven track record of resolving HR issues across departmental boundaries. Will possess the ability to effectively manage sensitive and complex issues that impact Ally and the technology organization. Will have demonstrated ability to facilitate effective group interactions.
- Evaluates and analyzes data and information from HR reports to determine HR issues impacting the business unit.
- Assists managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues.
- Provides compensation guidance in alignment with Ally's pay for performance culture and supports annual compensation planning process.
- Drives change management and process improvement initiatives.
- Drives performance management culture including management and employee development initiatives.
- Collaborates with Technology HR team to develop and implement Human Resources initiatives across the technology organization.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition team on recruitment needs for business.
- Partners with Finance to ensure headcount and business plan alignment.
Special skills/abilities/competencies required:
- Ability to use professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
- Ability to use judgment, creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions.
- Strong communication skills: listening, verbal and written.
- Ability to manage performance, coach and mentor; provide training.
- Knowledge of employment law; independently manages complex ER issues.
- Bachelors Degree Required
- 6 + years progressive HR experience required; prior experience supporting a technology function a plus.
- Strong relationship management skills with experience in partnering with coaching and building credibility with senior leaders.
- Demonstrated experience provided creative solution to address HR challenges and implications of the organization business strategies.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Human Resources (HR) is an integral part of Ally, supporting all global functions and business lines. HR strives to create a work environment focused on achieving business results through strong leadership and highly skilled, motivated and accountable employees. HR is committed to raising performance, increasing capabilities and creating an engaging culture.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6011
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)