Ally Financial FSS Senior Accountant in Detroit, Michigan
Oct 18, 2016
The Senior Accounting Analyst will be a key member of the Controllers -- Finance Shared Services, which provides accounting support services to various Ally Business Units.
- Supervise a team of accountants with primary focus on cash and general accounting activities across the enterprise
- Manage and support offshore business service provider located in Chennai, India.
- Identify, design and execute process improvement strategies that bring about greater organizational efficiency.
- Record journal entries and perform month-end closing tasks.
- Perform and review daily/ monthly general ledger account reconciliations (GL balances to underlying support). Ensure that completion of reconciliations occurs within defined timeframes.
- Monitor reconciling items and take ownership of their resolution. Escalate items when resolution does not occur within the appropriate timeframe.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of Ally's Global Account Reconciliation policy.
- 5-7 years of accounting experience. Experience with account reconciliations and/or financial controls strongly preferred.
- Foundational understanding of cash processes applicable to large financial institutions.
- BS degree in Accounting required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- The ability to work with diverse teams in a dynamic work environment.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Finance strives to be a trusted adviser to the enterprise and prides itself on maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability. Finance is responsible for finance reporting, financial analysis, accounting, strategy and planning, tax and investor relations.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6312
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)