Ally Financial Financial Analyst I in Detroit, Michigan
Oct 17, 2016
This position is responsible for core financial, accounting, analytical and reporting duties for the Information Technology Finance Team supporting internal initiatives and projects.
- This individual will participate in and provide overall support to financial planning and forecasting processes
- Prepare financial reports to capture analytical data that provides trends and variance analysis
- Consolidate monthly, quarterly and annual financial data
- Prepare monthly and quarterly business review presentations
- Monitor & maintain official records of key reporting packages
- Manage and organize structure and hierarchy reporting for IT global functions spending
- This individual will participate in and provide overall support to internal control and process improvement activities to mitigate risk
- Preparation of risk monitoring metrics of key internal processes
- Inventory management of documentation for key processes and procedures
- Drive process quality improvements within the department
- Evaluate existing data quality and enhance controls to continue to satisfy regulatory requirements
- Develop into subject matter expert in the use of key financial software applications, especially SAP and Hyperion
- Undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principals
- 1 -- 2 years of experience in finance/accounting roles
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Demonstrated aptitude with financial applications
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent experience
- Experience with SAP, Hyperion Financial systems applications
- Self-motivated and able to work with moderate direction in a dynamic fast paced organization
- Interest/experience in technology operations
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Finance strives to be a trusted adviser to the enterprise and prides itself on maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability. Finance is responsible for finance reporting, financial analysis, accounting, strategy and planning, tax and investor relations.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6263
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)