Ally Financial Financial Analyst - FP&A in Detroit, Michigan
Oct 5, 2016
This position is on the Auto Finance Operating Expenses Financial Planning and Analysis team and will be directly responsible for certain aspects of the annual budget and monthly forecast updates, the reporting and variance analysis of monthly and quarterly results, strategic scenario planning, and other business analysis.
- Evaluate and clearly articulate monthly unit drivers impacting the business and their downstream impact to the balance sheet and income statement
- Ensure consistent reporting, forecasting, analytics and accounting treatment within the Auto Finance business
- Develop new or enhanced financial models to support changing business needs
- Partner with business leaders/budget owners in the bottoms-up development of key assumptions and financial performance metrics
- Interpret financial and operational data and effectively illustrate/communicate links to business performance
- Create and update management review presentation materials
- Drive audit compliance within the areas for which you are responsible
- Contribute to ad hoc analytical projects as necessary both within and beyond your primary area of focus
- Work collaboratively with Finance, Risk, Treasury, Operations and other partners to ensure enterprise objectives are met
- BS/BBA degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required
- Advanced degree or CPA/CFA (or working toward) preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years previous work experience in Finance or related field required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Proven track record of driving for results with minimal ongoing direction
- Proven track record of influencing decisions with great analytics and financial models
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively in a matrix environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Energetic and inquisitive, quick learner, takes initiative
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Finance strives to be a trusted adviser to the enterprise and prides itself on maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability. Finance is responsible for finance reporting, financial analysis, accounting, strategy and planning, tax and investor relations.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6295
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)