Ally Financial Director of Enterprise Architecture in Detroit, Michigan
Sep 20, 2016
- Ally Financial is seeking a well-qualified individual for the Enterprise Architecture Director role located in Detroit, MI or Charlotte, NC. To be considered for this position, please submit your resume through our careers site.
- Work directly with senior executives of the enterprise to consult, coach, and advise on strategy, business alignment, enterprise architecture, information technology solutions, and the associated impact on the organization and its stakeholders.
- Coordinate resolution of highly complex problems and tasks, selling new ideas and concepts in support of operational goals and objectives. Provide technical and analytical guidance to the enterprise architecture team and integrate and translate complex concepts into tactical action plans.
- Direct high-level enterprise architecture analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and development. Leverage a deep understanding of business transformation and processes and organizational structure and experience in developing IT Strategy and presenting to senior leadership.
This individual will work with rapidly evolving technologies and internal stakeholders to analyze and define unique and innovative solutions for achieving Ally's strategic business goals.
- Works closely with the Line of Business (LOB) Technology teams and the Executives within each Business Unit to ensure alignment of the enterprise architecture and IT technology strategies with the business strategies and goals.
- Participates as a mentor for community of architects. Ensure effective design and development of solution architectures; employing effective governance methods for transparency and communication.
- Establishes processes for monitoring the roadmaps of Technology's strategic vendors for internal adjustments to the architecture and data management processes, as needed. Identifies creative, technology-based opportunities to improve service, reduce costs, and increase revenues with business partners and vendors.
- Assist architects in the design and implementation of high performance systems with large volume data integration processes, database, storage and provisioning.
- Coordinate technology governance process setting direction for architectural standards and best practices. Provide input to vendor selection results and evaluations.
- Oversees Architecture Assurance process to assess solutions, approaches and designs, project-specific implementation strategies with Solution Architects
- Collaborates with IT development and delivery organization to ensure architecture standards are understood, communicated and adhered to
- Develops return on investment performance measures for architectural decisions
- Three plus years of relevant technology management experience preferably in the Financial Services industry, in Enterprise Architecture and Technology Management programs as well as managing senior level individuals, in a multi-line business environment.
- Experience with enterprise integration architectures and deployment of EIA middleware components (e.g., portal interfaces, workflow orchestration, integration with standard external identify management and fine-grain authorization interfaces)
- Experience designing and implementing large scale enterprise applications and data-centric platforms
- Experience with cloud and platform services, including self-provisioning, dynamic resource allocation and usage metering
- Knowledge and experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL and MPP databases.
- Experience in designing and developing high-volume mission critical transactional data integration solutions.
- Experience in data modeling and experience with business intelligence systems (dimensional modeling, data mining, predictive analytics).
- MS / BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of experience as a technology leader designing and developing architecture solutions with more than 3+ years specializing in enterprise architecture.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with technology experts in various computing domains. Analytics, DevOps, SOA, BPM, enterprise content management experience desired.
- Ability to create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, and continual improvement.**
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally's world-class IT organization supports an information technology driven business. We deliver industry-leading IT solutions to the Best Online Bank (Money Magazine, 2011 and 2012) and the leading Auto Finance Company. IT oversees critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6237
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)