Ally Financial Accountant I - Ally Accounting LEADership Development Program in Detroit, Michigan
Aug 22, 2016
The Ally Accounting LEADership Development Program (ALDP) provides an alternate path to obtaining the CPA designation while working in the dynamic Controller's Function of a Fortune 500 leading, independent, diversified financial services company. As part of the Finance organization, the Ally Controller's Function is responsible for accounting, tax, financial reporting and internal controls while supporting our various lines of business achieve their objectives, manage risk and improve business performance.
The ALDP offers three 9-12 month rotational opportunities within 5 focus areas of the Controller's Function in Detroit, Michigan. Participants will gain experience in a variety of areas while working alongside highly-experienced accounting professionals including CPAs, JDs and MBAs.
The ALDP offers three 9-12 month rotational opportunities in the following areas:
- Business Unit & Enterprise Accounting
- Accounting and reporting for Ally Business Units and Enterprise Functions including:
- Auto Finance, Insurance, Mortgage and Corporate
- Debt, Securitization and Capital Markets
- Tax Accounting, Planning & Reporting
- Preparing the tax provision and related disclosures
- Forecasting tax expense and its components
- Preparing and filing tax returns
- Evaluating the impact of current and proposed tax laws
- Financial Controls
- Design, plan and execute testing over internal controls
- Testing and related governance of account reconciliations
- Efficiently and effectively resolve internal control matters
- Financial Reporting
- Preparation of reports filed with the SEC (Forms 10-K/Q, 8-K, etc.)
- Preparation of various documents for regulatory and industry reporting
- Coordination with external auditors
- Financial Shared Services
- Payroll and Travel and Entertainment (T&E;) expense management
- Operational accounting and Forecast Planning and Analysis (FP&A;) related activities
- Business Unit support, cash and intercompany accounting
- Procurement and accounts payable
- Seniors or post-graduate students pursuing an undergraduate degree in Accounting
- Completion or intent of obtaining a post-graduate degree to meet the eligibility requirements of obtaining the CPA professional designation
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- A strong track record of ambition and motivation through academic success and relevant experience
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship from the company
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Finance strives to be a trusted adviser to the enterprise and prides itself on maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability. Finance is responsible for finance reporting, financial analysis, accounting, strategy and planning, tax and investor relations.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5884
POSITION LEVEL: Entry Level
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Michigan (Detroit)