Frontier Airlines Tax Director in Denver, Colorado
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The Director, Tax is responsible for creating, planning and implementing the Tax strategy for the company, ensuring compliance with all areas of Tax, and meeting all close and reporting requirements. This position is also responsible for maintaining internal controls for the Tax area and supporting all audits (internal/external/regulatory). This position reports to the VP, Chief Accounting Officer.
- Manage an internal team of tax professionals and any tax advisors
- Develop and direct tax policy
- Create, plan, and implement the tax strategy for the Company
- Federal and state income tax compliance across the organization
- Compliance with property taxes, sales and use taxes and all airline specific taxes
- Monthly close and reporting processes specific to the tax accounts
- Quarterly and annual tax reporting under ASC 740
- Internal, external and regulatory tax audits
- Transaction support across the enterprise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Tax
- Certification as a CPA is preferred
- Eight plus years’ experience in tax accounting, compliance and planning with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong detailed knowledge of tax and financial reporting practices, GAAP principles and rules
- Strong knowledge of IRS compliance and reporting requirements and regulations. Proven ability to perform tax research, including the ability to communicate and apply complex tax laws and directives.
- A hands-on management style that is proactive and innovative
- Ability to work well with other team members
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Possess good mathematical aptitude
- Able to work under pressure & meet deadlines
- Able to work with strict confidentiality
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Requisition Number: 16-0168
Post Date: 7/14/2016
Title: Tax Director