City and County of Denver Senior Government Auditor/Senior Performance Analyst in Denver, Colorado
The City and County of Denver Auditor's office is seeking a Senior Government Auditor/Senior Performance Analyst. Under the general direction of the assigned Audit Supervisor and Team Lead, the Senior Government Auditor/Senior Performance Analyst executes performance, financial, IT and/or compliance audits and evaluations of local government functions and activities. The position may also conduct various non-audit services.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting performance, financial, IT or compliance audits and evaluations of City and County departments and programs that include but are not limited to effectiveness, efficiency, public policy assessment, governance, internal control and compliance objectives as defined by Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) promulgated by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO).
- Assisting the Audit Supervisor and Team Lead and other team members with all aspects of audits and advisory services including project planning, fieldwork, report writing and presentation of results.
- Identifying and utilizing optimal audit and research methodologies in the execution of financial or performance audits.
- Ensuring that work activities fully comply with GAGAS and the Audit Service Division's operating policy and procedures.
- Producing high quality written products that synthesize and explain complex issues for a variety of audiences, staff, and citizens of Denver.
- Performing audit-related oral presentations and briefings.
- Performing audit follow-up work for assigned audits.
- Conducting Division administrative tasks as required. Qualifications
Education Requirement: Baccalaureate Degree
Experience Requirement: Two years of professional experience conducting performance, financial, IT and/or compliance audits or program evaluations.
Licensure and Certification: Possession of a valid driver's license at the time of application.
The PREFERRED candidate for this position will have, in addition to the minimum requirements, the following:
- A graduate degree in Public Policy or Public Administration, or a Business degree with a concentration in Internal Audit or Business Analytics.
- At least 2 years of performance auditing in a government environment
- Strong familiarity and experience with GAGAS (Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards)
- An applicable professional certification, such as CGAP (Certified Government Auditing Professional), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CRMA (Certification in Risk Management Assurance), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), or similar.
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement.
The City and County of Denver values leadership that influences the commitment, ability and willingness of employees to provide quality service to the citizens of Denver.
This position does not supervise other staff.
Information provided on the application / resume is used to determine if a candidate meets minimum qualifications. Only information provided at the time of the application being completed will be considered, and additional information that is not listed on either the application or an attached resume may not be considered when deciding if a candidate meets or does not meet the qualifications. Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to include all information and details on their application and attached resumes.
We offer a very competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans (multiple programs)
- Paid Time Off (combined vacation/sick leave)
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement (Pension Plan & 457 Deferred Comp Plan)
- Flex Spending Account
- RTD EcoPass Discounts
- Life Insurance; Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Programs
- Wellness Center No relocation assistance is available.
*Classification Title: * Senior Internal Auditor *Pay Grade: * 810 V *Agency: * Auditor's Office
To Apply: please select the apply button at the top of this posting / visitwww.denvergov.org/jobs: *Testing: *Supplemental Questions
*Background Check/Drug Testing: * Candidates must pass a criminal background check, 10 year employment verification and education verification. Additional checks such as credit and drug testing may be required.
Probationary Period: The successful candidate will be required to complete a minimum six month probationary period (benefits will be active during this time) prior to attaining Career Status with the City. Recruiter: TP
Please Note: You will no longer receive communications via e-mail or regular mail regarding your application status. Please check your status throughout your application process by visiting your application profile page.
Salary: $58,475.00 - $93,560.00 Annually
Job Type: Unlimited Regular
Job Number: 25433 15032
Location: Denver, CO
Department: Auditors Office (Auditor)
Closing: 10/30/2016 11:59 PM Mountain