City and County of Denver Park Seasonal Laborer (On-Call) in Denver, Colorado
**Do you enjoy being outside rather than sitting at a desk?
Are you passionate about keeping Denver green and beautiful?**
Come join the team!
Denver Parks is hiring temporary employees for Park Seasonal Laborer (On-Call) *positions for the *2016 season, especially (the summer season April 2016 – October 2016). All applicants MUST be able to work weekends and holidays.
Positions are located throughout the City as well as our Mountain locations, and perform a wide variety of park maintenance duties. Please be sure to indicate where you are interested in working when you complete the application questions. Positions for our Mountain Parks are headquartered out of Morrison, CO - applicants for this location must enjoy working in mountainous settings and should expect mountain road driving and related trail and park work.
Denver's Parks and Recreation Departmentboasts one of the most expansive and diverse park systems in the Rocky Mountain West offering: more than 350 urban parks and parkways, 7 golf courses, one of the largest skate parks in the region, 14,000 acres of mountain parks, the Buffalo Bill Museum and bison herd, and a Ropes Challenge Course. We also provide and manage 27 neighborhood recreation centers with 13 indoor and 16 outdoor pools that offer hundreds of affordable programs throughout the year to our community.
To apply for this position, please select the apply button at the top of this page or visit: *http://www.denvergov.org/jobs*
Please Note: You will no longer receive communications via e-mail or regular mail regarding your application status. Please check your status throughout your application process by clicking HERE.
Please note that once you've applied, there's no need to reapply to the same job post.
- This position provides routine seasonal labor and maintenance of Denver's parks to include maintaining flower beds, mowing and weeding (turf grass and non-turf grass areas), removing trash, cleaning facilities, removing graffiti, painting, irrigation, and working with the public.
- This position requires you to work at various locations throughout the City and in a variety of weather conditions.
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Preferred Qualifications:
Experience operating equipment/vehicles: commercial trucks, mowers, tractors, stump grinders, brush chippers, etc.
- Experience using hand/power tools: weed whackers, chainsaws, etc.
- Experience in irrigation, horticultural work, gardening/nursery work, etc.
- Experience with facilities maintenance: painting, asphalt work, concrete work, landscape maintenance, etc.
- Experience with building maintenance: roofing, carpentry, plumbing, etc.
- Experience with the preparation of athletic fields: maintenance, lining, dragging, laying out and squaring ball fields, etc.
- Experience working in natural areas: maintaining naturalized sustainable landscapes, working with natural plants to improve wildlife habitat, noxious weed management, etc.
Experience with natural resources: forestry, tree pruning/planting, knowledge of tree diseases, etc. License Requirement:
By position, possession of a valid driver's license is required at the time of application. License must be kept current as a condition of employment (Please note: a driver's license is NOT required for all positions).
- Under Denver Park's requirements regarding positions that require driving, a candidate must have 2 recent years of good driving record. This includes the following:
- No revocation, suspension, or cancelation/denial has occurred in the last two (2) years for traffic related violations (including insurance).
- No more than 7 points against the individual's drivers license in the last 2 years. (A minimum of 2 years fully licensed driving experience is required.) Additional Information
INTERVIEWS WILL BE SCHEDULED AT A LATER DATE. PLEASE BE PREPARED TO BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU IF CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW*(some positions do not require a valid driver's license, etc):*
- Driver's License (by position)
- Current "Full Record" Motor Vehicle Record (issued within the last two weeks if required by the position)
- Proof of Motor Vehicle Insurance (by position)
- Employment Eligibility Verification Documents (please click here: I-9 Acceptable Documents for a list of acceptable documents)
Classification Title: Park Seasonal Laborer [CG2113] Working Title: Park Seasonal Laborer (On-Call) Pay Grade*:* 225-Y Pay Range: $10.99 - $12.31 Hourly Agency: Parks and Recreation To Apply: Please select the apply button at the top of this posting / visit www.denvergov.org/jobs Assessments / Testing: This position may require an online or in-person assessment. If testing is required, you will receive an email from AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org with further information about the testing process after the position has closed. Please add AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org to your safe sender list and check you spam or junk mail for this email. For a list of positions that require testing and more information about our testing process, click here. Pre-employment Screening: An offer of employment is contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by law and City and County of Denver policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Candidates must pass a criminal background check and other verifications required for the position which may include, but are not limited to, employment and/or education verification, motor vehicle record check, drug test, and/or physical. The existence of a conviction does not automatically disqualify an individual from employment except where federal or state law or regulations prohibit employment of an individual with certain convictions. For more information about the selection and employment screening process, click here. Probationary Period: This position may require the selected candidate to complete at least a six month probationary period prior to attaining career status with the City & County of Denver. For more information about the probationary period, click here.
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
The City and County of Denver values leadership that influences the commitment, ability and willingness of employees to provide quality service to the citizens of Denver.
**Relocation assistance is not available.
Salary: $10.99 - $12.31 Hourly
Job Type: On Call Regular
Job Number: CG2113-16 13756
Location: Denver, CO
Department: Parks and Recreation (DPR)
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Mountain