HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist - Micro in Denver, Colorado
Med Tech - Microbiology
Full time, Days
The Micro Med Tech performs all technical procedures in accordance with all standards set by applicable regulatory agencies including CAP, JCAHO, CLIA, AABB and OSHA.
* Maintains knowledge of all procedures and protocols.
* Maintains proficiency in performance of technical procedures. * Testing is provided for patients with varying degrees of clinical conditions and different acuity levels.
* Testing is provided for all age ranges from newborns to geriatric patients.
* ASCP or equivalent recommended
* Associates or Bachelor’s degree in life science or Medical Technology
* Minimum of two years technical laboratory experience in a Microbiology department is mandatory.
* Experience in all aspects of Microbiology including Bacteriology, Mycology, Parasitology, and AFB is preferred.
* Must possess analytical skills to utilize technical equipment to perform testing. i.e. Vitek, Bactec, BD 960 , Nanosphere, and Cepheid analyzers. * * Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: * Ability to work in a highly productive department serving a six hospital system * Make independent decisions quickly and accurately. * Consistently performs multiple technical tasks and assignments independently
* Ability to assess specimen quality and the validity of test results
Title: Medical Technologist - Micro
Location: Colorado-Denver-Presbyterian/St. Luke%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03166-58385