Frontier Airlines Manager, IT Asset in Denver, Colorado
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic, and Mexico on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The IT Asset Manager role is responsible for the continuous improvement process, the asset management process and for analyzing the IT budget. This includes but is not limited IT budget tracking, sourcing of all IT purchases, asset management of all IT equipment, reporting and analysis of delivery of all these IT services. Responsible for the evaluation, implementation, integration, of all these functions.
This role has deliverables including process maps, policies and other written artifacts and will require management of various projects to complete them. This position requires a high level of collaboration with both IT staff and leadership and in some cases representatives from other business units. This role will be dotted lined to the CIO.
- Monitor and oversee the Information Technology budget, look for cost savings, complete analysis on justified cost spend.
- Responsible to assure IT assets are recorded accurately in a CMDB or other record.
- Participate in delivery of budgets, including a process to gather the information, track the spending against the budget, and mentoring of Frontier Airlines personnel as necessary.
- Create budgeting and purchasing process for IT and communicate this as appropriate to assure spend and planning are accurate.
- Set goals to analyze and drive cost efficiencies for IT.
- Architect, manage and report on the installed base of configuration items including hardware, software, and other items that require tracking.
- Ability to dive into technology spend as needed working directly with organization management, IT architects, and solution providers, project managers, and IT administration as needed.
- Interpreting results and analyzing trends.
- Monitoring strategies of functional area and recommending / implementing adjustments.
- Contributing in planning and implementing a broad range of activities to meet objectives.
- Participating in development of programs that establish and enhance standards.
- Identifying and establishing relationships with internal/external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management or a technical subject preferred
- ITIL Foundations certification is a plus
- 4+ years in process work and/or IT experience
- 4+ years’ experience implementing process responsible for sourcing and budgeting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of the asset management, budget management, and sourcing
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Headquartered in Denver, we currently serve more than 55 cities in the United States, Mexico and Dominican Republic on more than 275 daily flights. Our commitment to you is supported by a team of more than 3,000 hard-working, aviation professionals. We are the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence, and we were recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiency.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Requisition Number: 16-0209
Post Date: 8/31/2016
Title: Manager, IT Asset