Frontier Airlines Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis in Denver, Colorado
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic, and Mexico on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Supports Finance management by heading a finance team, under the direction of the Director of Finance. The Manager is tasked with owning recurring and ad-hoc analyses across all areas of the organization including, without limitation, short- and long-term financial planning, ongoing cost reduction opportunity sizing & execution, competitive and strategic benchmarking, labor analysis & negotiations, capital allocation and fleet planning, flight profitability, and complex financial modeling to include internal rate of return, net present value, and payback. Manager is expected to provide timely, accurate analysis, develop the skills of their team, and effectively collaborate with stakeholders including Finance leadership, business partners, and various operating group.
As one of America's premier low-fare, low-cost airlines, Frontier delivers "Low Fares Done Right" - friendly, dependable, and affordable air travel at an unbeatable price - to thousands of passengers every day. Our disruptive strategy has lowered airfares across America - and created unprecedented growth opportunities for Frontier and our people. With 100 new airplanes on order and hundreds of markets available for growth, we're only getting started - and we are looking for the best people to join the Frontier team as we redefine the future of air travel.
Our culture is friendly, entrepreneurial, merit-based, and focused on getting things done. We like to win. If you're similarly minded, you may be a great fit for our team.
Critical to the success of Frontier's winning strategy is a rigorous, innovative focus on financial discipline - delivered every day by the Financial Planning & Analysis team. Frontier's Finance organization supports a broad range of strategic and operational decision-making, including:
- Champion Frontier's low cost done right philosophy within the organization & enhance financial awareness across the company
- Manage a team of analysts & accelerate the team’s professional development
- Prioritize workstreams, balancing resources available and business needs; proactively communicate deliverable status and deadlines to finance leadership and business stakeholders
- Ensure the team delivers timely, accurate analysis to Finance leadership and business stakeholders
- Improve the speed and accuracy of budgeting and forecasting; collaborate with business stakeholders throughout the financial planning process
- Evaluate the financial implications of potential capital projects and develop management recommendations
- Investigate the root causes of cost and revenue variances and propose profit-maximizing resolutions
- Identify and size potential revenue and cost opportunities across the organization
- Conduct scenario analysis to identify optimal strategies in the face of uncertainty
- Act as an internal consultant, improving processes and efficiency across the organization
- Benchmark financial and operational performance against competitors and best practices
- Conduct ad-hoc projects, reports, and financial analyses as determined by senior management
Frontier relies on each member of the Finance team to achieve expert status in business and industry trends, to distill a broad range of functions into meaningful, accurate financial models, and to clearly communicate the actionable business implications of complex quantitative analyses to senior management and functional stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required; prefer degree in finance, accounting, or other quantitative field
- Graduate degree in quantitative discipline strongly preferred
- 4+ years of relevant experience (finance, consulting, or related fields/functions) or commensurate combination of graduate work and relevant work experience strongly preferred
- Functional experience in financial accounting, management accounting, financial analysis, financial modeling, planning, forecasting and/or management reporting preferred
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Prior airline experience beneficial
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills; demonstrated understanding of economic, financial, and accounting concepts
- Exemplary written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to independently prioritize analyses for self and team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to structure logical analytical approaches and to apply a range of quantitative techniques to solve business problems in an efficient, timely manner
- Comfortable working self-sufficiently and in guiding team of financial analysts to creatively solve analytical challenges with limited data and imminent deadlines
- Advanced understanding of Excel, macros, and other software used for data mining and analysis
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Requisition Number: 16-0184
Post Date: 8/8/2016
Title: Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis