Frontier Airlines IT Project Manager II in Denver, Colorado
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic, and Mexico on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The Project Manager II position is responsible for the development and maintenance of medium to large sized project budgets, scheduling and resource plans to meet on time project delivery.
- Develops integrated project plans for projects
- Track and report project status to the various stakeholders
- Manage medium project schedule and budget and balance risks to both
- Identifies resource requirements and allocation of the appropriate resources for timely completion
- Conducts and documents high level risk management and effectively implements risk contingency strategies
- Monitors and reports upon overall project performance against baseline
- Set expectations to key stake holders and deliver on request
- Coordinates external vendor and organizational interfaces that exist to ensure a totally integrated execution
- Report on project scope
- Adhere to best practice project management process within IT
- 5+ years’ experience with IT Projects from inception to completion
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems preferred; combination of education and equivalent work experience considered in lieu of degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred or similar work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven knowledge of the airline industry
- Use case and user stories development
- A self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast paced, “think on your feet” team environment
- Ability to handle stressful environments
- Proven troubleshooting skills
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Requisition Number: 16-0213
Post Date: 1/27/2017
Title: IT Project Manager II