Frontier Airlines Configuration Specialist in Denver, Colorado
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic, and Mexico on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Configuration Specialists work proactively with business units, technology partners and development teams to create and maintain technical solutions for all modules for Frontier’s reservation system (Navitaire), including but not limited to Customer Loyalty, GoNow, SkySpeed, SkySchedule, SkyLedger, and Travel Commerce, as well as the NetTracer baggage tracing systems. The primary responsibility of the Configuration Specialist is creating standards, processes and procedures, design and maintenance of user access and databases for the Production, Quality, Testing and Training environments. Configuration Specialists will analyze business processes using analytical skills to help develop best practices as well as design future improvements to systems. Provide ongoing support to all departments, vendors and help desks.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) by learning the business user functions, organization and role in the enterprise as well as industry best practices for all aspects of the Navitaire Reservations System, including employee and vendor logins and password maintenance utilizing Technology’s policies and procedures.
- Analyze, identify, and document through either Change Requests or New Project forms specifications for solution development and/or software enhancement.
- Assist with documentation for testing, implementation and support for business solution, application and/or software enhancement.
- Performs necessary investigation, analysis and evaluation to determine project feasibility.
- Work with the assigned department on business integrations.
- Process new software releases and/or patches and documentation for Configuration Management, Infrastructure and Support Services.
- Perform regular application, systems and data administration tasks, monitor results and resolve discrepancies in applications programs.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining various other tables.
- Standby priority table, delay code table, etc.
- Fee Table and SSR Table updates
- Currency Conversion table maintenance and weekly updates
- Queue maintenance
- NetTracer agent and vendor logins and password maintenance
- GRS/FYI database assistance
- NetTracer Vendor Delivery information updates and maintenance
- On-call support as needed
- Bachelors Degree in information systems/technology, business or related field preferred; combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with Navitaire configuration
- Minimum 2 years of relevant airline experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Navitaire Configuration, including Utilities, SkySpeed, GoNow, SkyPort, Customer Loyalty, Travel Commerce etc.
- General knowledge of NetTracer Baggage Tracing System
- Good organizational and time-management skills, including prioritizing multiple tasks
- Strong technical skills to be able to coordinate with Infrastructure on system administration
- Advanced problem resolution skills
- Ability to test problems, including negative testing
- Ability to recognize and uphold confidential information
- Excellent project documentation and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft productivity tools
- Ability to train and assist Support Services and users on solutions on existing and new technologies
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Requisition Number: 16-0228
Post Date: 9/26/2016
Title: Configuration Specialist