Union County College Job Developer in Cranford, New Jersey
Union County College is a public comprehensive community college providing quality, affordable, accessible educational programs that serve the greater Union County region. It is the oldest of New Jerseys 19 Associate Degree Colleges, serving both career-minded and transfer-oriented students since 1933.
The College enrolls almost 30,000 credit, non-credit and continuing education students and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Many programs lead to the Associate in Arts, Science and Applied Science degrees.
Reports directly to the LINCS Grant Project Manager. Helps LINCS Project students pursuing certification in the Supply Chain Management field. Working with LINCS program team members develops a Business Outreach Plan focusing on a cooperative working relationship with business to support the grant core requirements. Grant business core requirements include, locating business people to participate in program advisory committee, to provide mentorship, and internship opportunities. Position will focus on establishing relationship with TDL businesses to locate employment opportunities for LINCS project participants. Work with business community to place students in worksites and monitor students’ progress. Contribute to the continuous expansion of the LINCS job database by establishing and maintaining close communication with employers.
Characteristics, Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in local networking events and meetings to promote the LINCS Grant project. • Conducts outreach activities, including site visits, to publicize the project directed toward student enrollment. • Contacts employers and pursues job openings on behalf of students. • Creates and maintains a comprehensive employer database in our service area. • Maintains job placement follow-up records and reports to supervisor. • Pursues job and career upgrading possibilities for students. • Reports placement data at LINCS staff meetings. Maintains comprehensive records on employers in our service area. • Aid students in job searches, job application process and resume writing. • Assists students in pre-interview preparation and post-interview follow up. • Implements current proven strategies in job placement and job retention. • Distributes information on jobs and hiring events to students on a timely basis via email, hard copy and posting board. • Develops and participates in job fairs, Career Days and other hiring events relevant to student needs. • Places students in worksite and monitors students’ progress. Seeks to turn worksite placements into jobs. • Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s required in business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience to demonstrate core competencies.
• 5+ years’ experience in job placement preferred.
Competencies and Skills Required:
• 5+ years’ experience in job placement preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• This position’s duties are normally performed in a typical interior/residence work environment, based on the activity scheduled.
• Some physical effort required; however, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Some travel required.
Terms of Employment:
Flexible schedule to meet department needs. Some evening, weekends, and extended hours will be required. Ability and willingness to travel on short notice to all on and off- campus sites as needed by the college. Employee must establish primary residency in New Jersey within one year of appointment unless an exemption applies.
Position will be terminated upon expiration of grant funding.
Union County College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, religion, age, disability, handicap or other legally protected status in its provision of employment, education, and activities, or other services. Union County College is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes twenty medical plans to choose from including PPO, HMO and HD plans offered by BC/BS and Aetna, three dental plans including two PPOs and one DMO offered by Delta Dental of NJ, and a pension plan with seven investment carriers. We also offer twenty vacation days, ten paid holidays, and a ten week summer work schedule which allows the college to close on Fridays. Other additional benefits include gym privileges, tuition remission for credit and non-credit courses at Union County College, and tuition reimbursement for an approved degree program at an accredited college or university.